Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
EeebeeE

Jeetyet Media Adware

Somehow an adware program has infested my cmputer that even Norton Deep Eraser cannot get rid of. It s software that randomly throws up an interstitial as you switch from one site to another. As a matter of fact, it threw one up when I clicked to go to this page.

I WANT THE THING OFF MY COMPUTER!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

dickevans

Re: Jeetyet Media Adware

EeebeeE wrote:

Somehow an adware program has infested my cmputer that even Norton Deep Eraser cannot get rid of. It s software that randomly throws up an interstitial as you switch from one site to another. As a matter of fact, it threw one up when I clicked to go to this page.

I WANT THE THING OFF MY COMPUTER!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Welcome,

Try running the free version of Malwarebytes scanner found here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free it is Norton compatible so keep it on the desktop for when you want a second opinion. Download it, install it, update it and run it from the desktop.

Keep us in the loop.

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
imroar

EeebeeE Check in add/remove programs for Yontoo; you should be able to uninstall from there. Good luck and would love if you posted back when the issue is fixed.
floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Hello EeebeeE

Welcome to the Norton Community Forum.

received the below email from Jeetyet media following a complaint I sent to them in regard to there adverts:

Thank you for contacting us. We have disabled the ads associated with the PageRage product from the browser that you had sent the ad inquiry. Please note that this is browser specific.

If you are still seeing this issue then you may need to go to your browsers "Add-ons" - "Extensions" - "Yontoo Layers" - From here you may disable or remove the program.

Please contact us if you continue to see this issue so that we can address it accordingly.

Thank you for the inquiry and your support.

Sincerely,

PageRage Support Team

This is taken from this website.

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=698357

I hope this helps to solve your problem. From what I just read malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware will not touch this as it isn't always considered to be malware, but as something which is annoying, but not malicious. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.