Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
maninara
Accepted Solution

Laptop hangs after NIS 2013 install

Hello,

I have an issue with Norton Internet Security 2013. I bought and installed it on 10 Dec 2012. Since then my laptop running Windows 7 has frozen TWICE after booting up. I can not start any application nor can I even shutdown properly. I have to power off my laptop to get out of this issue. Anyone else experienced this issue? Is there a fix to this issue?  Thanks.

peterweb
Kudos: 1,458
Solutions: 365

Re: Laptop hangs after NIS 2013 install

Be sure you have run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Try clicking on Support - Get Support to run  Autofix to check your installation and fix what it finds.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Hello maninara

Welcome to the Forum.. Before you installed NIS 2013, did you thoroughly remove the previous security program using the removal tool from the other company? I would recommend doing that a couple of times and then try reinstalling NIS 2013 after rebooting your laptop.  When reinstalling the product, please make sure you have run live update and reboot as necessary. Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks for reading..

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Visitor
maninara

Hello,

Thanks for the advice. This morning my laptop went blue screen on bootup and Windows 7 would not boot up. This had to be recovered and in the recovery process, Windows informed that some "problematic software" might be removed. Windows recoverd okay and guess what? It had removed NIS 2013 which I had installed just three days ago! Which makes me wonder whether NIS 2013 is buggy indeed?

Now I have installed  NIS 2012 version which seems to be working okay so far. Keeping my fingers crossed :)