Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
BrandonAL23
Accepted Solution

Latest Full System Scan detected 2 Trojans

I ran a full system scan late last night and I found out that NIS detected 2 trojans, but both of them were named vmain.class. I looked at the file information and saw that this was an infection of Java. I have looked up information about it online, but I have not found anything. Is this a relatively new trojan?

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: Latest Full System Scan detected 2 Trojans

BrandonAL23 wrote:

I ran a full system scan late last night and I found out that NIS detected 2 trojans, but both of them were named vmain.class. I looked at the file information and saw that this was an infection of Java. I have looked up information about it online, but I have not found anything. Is this a relatively new trojan?

H BrandonAL

Java has had some security issues recently so you should get your Java installation updated to the latest level, scan your system and remove any infections found.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Hello BrandonAL23

After you update your Java and delete any old versions you have of Java, please run live update and then do a scan with NIS. After that, please run a quick scan with the free version of Malwarebytes to make sure that your computer is now clean. You can find Malwarebytes here.

Download the free version, install and update then run a quick scan. After the scan completes you should post the logs back to this thread.

You can find Malwarebytes here

http://www.filehippo.com/download_malwarebytes_anti_malware/

It is a safer location to get the program from than malwarebytes themselves because some malware creators have large lists of sites that they block. Please be careful to down load the correct program ----the FREE version of MALWAREBYTES

(Thanks to Delph for providing the alternative site)

Please post back with your results and the log if it shows anything. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Regular Contributor
BrandonAL23

Where can I go to download the updated version of Java?

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Hi BrandonAL23

Here

http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

floplot

Hello BrandonAL23

You can go to the Java website. It will tell you if you have Java installed and if you have the latest version installed. I would recommend that you uninstall your version of Java and get a clean install of Java. Here is the Java website.

http://www.java.com/en/

Please come back and let us know how you made out. Thanks.

Regular Contributor
BrandonAL23

Thanks, I have the latest version of JRE installed now and I ran NIS full scan and MBam quick scan as you advised and everything came out clean, so I seem to be in good shape now. Thanks for the advice, it was a great help.

floplot

Hello BrandonAL23

Thank you for coming back and reporting that you are all ok now. I would suggest that you make a new restore point so that in case you use restore, that you don't go back to the point where you will be infected again. Thanks also for marking the thread as solved.