Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Spam Squasher
ALiasEX

Licence key

[ Edited ]

Are licence keys regional locked? I live in Ireland and my friend in America can get a really good price on NIS in her local store if she buys in bulk. It's only worth her while if it's possible for me to use one of the licence keys.

Her household has 4 computers but, at the moment, a 1 user 3 PC licence plus another licence is too costly for her.

Tech83
Topics: 55
Kudos: 168
Solutions: 27

Re: License key

[ Edited ]

Hi! ALiasEX,

I am not 100% sure, but I do believe that the product keys are region locked due to the different anti-piracy laws in each region.

A better response may be provide by a Symantec employee.  :)

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: Licence key

ALiasEX wrote:

Are licence keys regional locked? I live in Ireland and my friend in America can get a really good price on NIS in her local store if she buys in bulk. It's only worth her while if it's possible for me to use one of the licence keys.

Her household has 4 computers but, at the moment, a 1 user 3 PC licence plus another licence is too costly for her.

Hi ALiasEX

You cannot use one of your friend's licences as this is not allowed, it is against the terms and conditions - you are not part of her household.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,437
Solutions: 528

Re: Licence key

mdturner is right; you would be violating the licence terms by installing Norton outside your own household. You can read the EULA over here:

http://www.symantec.com/about/profile/policies/eulas/index.jsp