Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
joen

List of Recently Accessed Websites

Vista Ultimate + SP2, IE8
NIS 2010 17.6.0.32

I am having problems accessing the internet only from certain websites, i.e. yelp and a few others.

I use the MVPs hosts file.
http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
mvps.org is sort of like McDonalds, "millions served". Lots of useful stuff.

My problem is not going to  e.g., the yelp/chowhound home page.  It's to subsequent pages _on_ those websites.  I'm suspicious that they are trying to access advertising websites and are not timing out promptly.  (The advertising websites are not accessibile due to my hosts file.)

What I want to do is:
I want NIS to show me a list of websites that I have recently/just accessed.  yelp.com, chowhound.com, amazon.com, whatever/all.  A log of accesses through the firewall.

That way I can see any attempt to access ad.doubleclick.net, ads.pointroll.com, etc.

Does NIS show this information?

So nobody gets hung up on just my attempt to ferret out connects to advertising websites, let me ask the GENERAL QUESTION.  Does NIS show a list of websites recently accessed?

Phil_D
Topics: 208
Kudos: 2,559
Solutions: 391

Re: List of Recently Accessed Websites

joen wrote:

Vista Ultimate + SP2, IE8
NIS 2010 17.6.0.32

So nobody gets hung up on just my attempt to ferret out connects to advertising websites, let me ask the GENERAL QUESTION.  Does NIS show a list of websites recently accessed?

I hope my answer is not too brief, but no. NIS does not provide such a log file or list.

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Security Beta | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow