Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
Sambo

Liveupdate Errors failed to download and install. Once again ? like...

Once again Liveupdate is being a bug. Always says error to download updates and error on complition.

When are u guys going to fix this ? Like.. People pay over 60 dollars for this product. Why are u not taking this serious?

Please fix this stupid bug. Its really annoying. Am about to lose my controll and patience.

Thanks

Windows Vista, Home Premium. Service Pack 2 HP DV7 - Norton 2012.

K_Ramachandran
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 12

Re: Liveupdate Errors failed to download and install. Once again ? like...

Hi Sambo,

Sorry for what happened to you,

First thing, you have to understand that Live Update is the only feature that does not come as a static feature for any Antivirus Program. It is a feature, where you can download all the virus definitions and make your computer up to date with the virus protection.

However, there are cases - where live upate cannot happen in your computer.  If your internet connection is getting frequently disconnected, you will not be able to get the complete live update. In this scenario, I request you to go this page, where you can download the virus definitions as a package and then you can install it. Please go through the webpage and then follow the instructions.

So far, we haven't come across any live update issue and it is working fine. To help you in a better way, can you please post the exact error message and the error code from the Norton.

If you need a quick assistance, you can even contact the chat support

K Ramachandran
Norton One Support Advisor
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

[ Edited ]

Hi K_Ramachandran,

You said  "So far, we haven't come across any live update issue and it is working fine."

Can I point you to this thread?  For me the error code is always 8920,223,  which I believe is an error from the Live Update servers.

Thanks,  Dave.

K_Ramachandran
Kudos: 22
Solutions: 12

[ Edited ]

Hi Krusty_13,

Hi K_Ramachandran,

You said "So far, we haven't come across any live update issue and it is working fine."
Can I point you to this thread? For me the error code is always 8920,223, which I believe is an error from the Live Update servers.

When I said the above statement, it means that from the past 48-72 hrs we haven't come across any live update issue. From Norton, you will get a silent update for every 24hrs regarding the patch or virus definitions. Very few major updates will require your attention and some of them may ask you to restart the computer. So, when I talk about this issue, I m not pointing out a single instance.

And, the link you referred me - where you can see the entire conversation clearly mentions that the instances of live update issue is possible to fix and, we need some additional task to be performed.

The error code: 8920, 223 is an issue that the updates cannot be installed successfully. There could be many reasons for this happened. We have to identify what causes the problem. You can follow these steps. If that doesn't help you, You can contact the chat support, where the technicians will help you to resolve the problem.

K Ramachandran
Norton One Support Advisor
Norton Fighter
Krusty13

[ Edited ]

Can I just state that manually running Live Update some time later usually solves this issue for me. All updates will eventually install.

I am not certain what you mean here.  -  "And, the link you referred me - where you can see the entire conversation clearly mentions that the instances of live update issue is possible to fix and, we need some additional task to be performed."

The problem,  as I mentioned,  is usually resolved by running Live Update some time later.  All updates will eventually install successfully.  It is really pointless and wrong to suggest this error is limited to any individual's system.

Error 8920,223 has been an ongoing problem with Live Update since at least 3-11-2011

As mentioned in many other threads,  it would be nice to hear where Symantec were in regards to a permanent solution.   Is Symantec taking this issue seriously?  Do they need to purchase new hardware? When will this happen?

I realise that as a Symantec employee you may not have all the answers,  but it would nice to hear this issue is indeed being worked on and perhaps a guess when a solution could be available,  will be appreciated by many people who rely on Norton products for protection.

Thanks,  Dave.