Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
gleasonll
Accepted Solution

Move subscription to a new computer

I am replacing my laptop with a new one.  How do I get my current subscription moved to the new laptop after I delete NIS from the old laptop?

PC_confused
Topics: 120
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 28

Re: Move subscription to a new computer

Hello gleasonll and welcome to the Community.  I think the easiest way would be to use the On-Line Chat feature.  Just contact them, tell them what you need to do and they should be able to reset your user license for you.  Most of the feedback has been positive and quick.  Come back and let us know if they could help.

floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Hello gleasonil

If you tell us which version of NIS you have on your old laptop, we can give you the more current link. Also, if the new laptop came pre-installed with some security program, you will have to remove the pre-installed security program thoroughly unless it is the same one you want to install into your new laptop. Please come back and let us know what pre-installed security program is installed in your new computer. You will have to use the control panel method and the use of the other company's removal tool before installing NIS to your new laptop. Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

gleasonll

The chat session went well.  She increased the available available licensed installs by 1 and I got NIS loaded and running on the new laptop.  Thanks much.

PC_confused
Topics: 120
Kudos: 120
Solutions: 28

Glad to be of help and also glad the On-Line Chat link could help you get your problem solved.  Thank you also for coming back and marking your post as solved.