Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
GreatNate1312

Re: Multiple spyware problems

[ Edited ]

update- I figured out how to find the .dll file by enabling hidden viewing. I was able to find the folder where the .dll file is supposed to be, but it wasn't there. The folder is there but the .dll isn't there. The folder is named apple and its under an apple computer folder. Now in this apple computer folder the folder in question(apple) was last updated two days ago, but as I said it's now empty. The other files such as quicktime and itunes were updated a few weeks ago before I cought this virus. So essentially the folder where this malware is supposed to be is there, yet the malware isn't actually there. I really need help with this issue.

Regular Contributor
GreatNate1312

[ Edited ]

My nag reputation is coming into play here...

HUGE UPDATE----I ran a full system Malware Bytes scan wich found some malware. here is what was found (It's some sort of registry malware)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|Apple (Trojan.Sefnit.Hap) -> Data: rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Nate\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Apple\xdlqzl.dll",DllRegisterServer ->

GUESS WHAT-The popup at start up didn't com up, BUT...that darn folder named "apple" is still there were the malware was born. Any advise on this problem? I have underlined the folder in question I am speaking of above

Untitled.png

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Sweman wrote:

Hey

i have a question, when you are using internet, are you being redirected to another webpage?

A lot of people have had a lot of problems with the Happili virus. It sounds like you are having that problem to me.

You can try this Tool from geekstop (otl.exe) and see if it will solve your problem.

http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/398-otl-oldtimers-list-it/

regards

Sweman

An instance of a person not knowing what they are doing,   

OTL listed above is an advanced tool and won't fix anything without the knowledge of a Malware removalists that knows how to use them.

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

GreatNate1312 wrote:

My nag reputation is coming into play here...

HUGE UPDATE----I ran a full system Malware Bytes scan wich found some malware. here is what was found (It's some sort of registry malware)

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run|Apple (Trojan.Sefnit.Hap) -> Data: rundll32.exe "C:\Users\Nate\AppData\Local\Apple Computer\Apple\xdlqzl.dll",DllRegisterServer ->

GUESS WHAT-The popup at start up didn't com up, BUT...that darn folder named "apple" is still there were the malware was born. Any advise on this problem? I have underlined the folder in question I am speaking of above

Untitled.png

Some variantion on tracur

Quads

MagnusLindh
Topics: 9
Kudos: 23
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 5

Hey Quads

I thought i was doing the right thing, i was acting from the information that was provided at that time, i am sorry if i went to far this time and went out side my knowledge zone this time. i hope you can understand that.

Sweman

peterweb
Kudos: 1,171
Solutions: 303

The Apple folder will probably have something to do with iTunes, or a Quicktime player installed on your computer.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Regular Contributor
GreatNate1312

So all malware is off of my PC now?

peterweb
Kudos: 1,171
Solutions: 303

GreatNate1312 wrote:

So all malware is off of my PC now?

I would say that if you have done multiple scans that come up clean, you are OK.

As I mentioned above, the Apple folder is for legitimate programs, and I have it on my PC for Quicktime player.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.