Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
Josimc
Accepted Solution

NEED HELP FAST!!

When I do ctrl ALT delete and click start task manager and then go under processes.  What is Norton called? I need to know asap please!!!

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,675
Solutions: 758

Re: NEED HELP FAST!!

Hi Josimc,

The process for Norton is ccsvchst.exe.  There should be two instances running if you have one Norton program installed. 

dickevans

Re: NEED HELP FAST!!

Josimc wrote:

When I do ctrl ALT delete and click start task manager and then go under processes.  What is Norton called? I need to know asap please!!!

Hi,

ccsvhst

ccSvHst

there are several processes working when a Norton product is open.

What are you trying to accomplish?

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Contributor
Josimc

Need help with ending process!

When I try and end the norton process under windows task manager  It says this Screenshot here!  I need to disable it for a while so I can use Teamviewer..... Cus Norton Blocks teamviewer from connecting to the internet!!! 

SendOfJive

Re: Need help with ending process!

[ Edited ]

HI Josimc,

Are you sure Norton is blocking Teamviewer?  Open the Program Control panel in Norton (Settings > Network >Smart Firewall > Program Control).  If you see Teamviewer listed there as "Auto," then Norton is not blocking it and the problem lies elsewhere.  You can, however, remove the Teamviewer entry from the list to automatically repair any possible misconfiguration.  FIrst, make sure Teamviewer is not running.  Then click on the Teamviewer entry and click Remove, Apply and OK.  Exit out of Norton and restart Teamviewer.  Norton will automatically configure new rules for the program and it should work.  You cannot kill the Norton process.  It is hardened against outside tampering.

nikki605
Topics: 14
Kudos: 24
Solutions: 3

[ Edited ]

I have TeamViewer installed on 4 PCs all running either NIS or NAV 2012 and Teamviewer is not blocked on any of them.  Three of the PCs are running WinXP SP3 and one is running Win7 SP1 x64... all with no problem.

Try SOJ's suggestion.  Norton should not be blocking TV.

TeamViewer on Win7 SP1 x64 laptop

--------------------------------------------------
Gary
Contributor
Josimc

It is doing something wierd  here is a screen shot of what pops up from teamviewer...  http://screensnapr.com/v/F9A6uF.jpg

Also how do you get to "Program Control"? 

SendOfJive

Josimc wrote:

Also how do you get to "Program Control"? 

See my earlier post.

Contributor
Josimc

I get as far as (Settings > Network)...I do not see a "smart firewall" in any section....    http://screensnapr.com/v/Mg8A3r.jpg

SendOfJive

Are you running Norton Antivirus?  The Norton Smart Firewall is included with Norton Internet Security, but not Norton Antivirus.  If you don't have the Norton Firewall, it can't be blocking Teamviewer.  If you are running the Windows Firewall instead, you may have to go into its settings and make a rules exception for Teamviewer.