Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Contributor
BCescot

Re: NIS 13 - Trying to help a friend remove serious nasties from his Win 7 laptop

Thanks, peterweb - did that today, probably around the same time you replied to my earlier post...

B

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: NIS 13 - Trying to help a friend remove serious nasties from his Win 7 laptop

I gave these instructions

ake a copy of FRST64.exe and place it on your Desktop

Download the script attached, needs to be the same file name as well (fixlist.txt), on to your desktop, so that fixlist.txt is next to FRST.exe On the desktop also . as FRST will use the txt to do as I ask., To deal with the items thathas to be done in Normal mode.

Right click FRST64 and Choose "Run  as Administrator"

Once it loads do this, 

When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer. (if it still does this)

Press the Fix button just once and wait., I is doing what I asked it to do

The tool will make a log on the Desktop (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply (attach).

Quads

So where is it.

I have abou had enough of this,  The reply  "That's been done" is not the instructions   The instructions have an new fixlist.txt and for FRST to be run in Normal mode.   and for the fixlog to be posted.

Reason being FRST works differently in Normal / Safe Mode in what it can do ans what is shown in logs, fixed by FRST.

Items were "fixed" in Recovery Mode but other items can not be and that was why the change and new fixlist and the new fixlog output.

This still has not dealt with the registry changes in Windows and anything else.

But I have had enough of this carry on, twice now.   It is not the first time I have had trouble with PC Techs,  degree in ........ users who are like this.

I give instructions I want them followed.  As I know how the tools work and how to deal with each part.  Not to just get back "That's been done."  or earlier  "did you get the log"   The previousl logs and scripts become viod as each script is created and as the pieces are taken but others remain to repair or remove.

Good Luck.

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Can anyone see the instructions change??

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

I am just tired of trying to get it through to you, with no success  so I am done, Best thing to do is to give the system back stating I couldn't do it as I could not do as instructed twice.

And still not done as I asked,  but now can't after 2 goes at trying to get through to the PC tech.

Quads

peterweb
Kudos: 1,354
Solutions: 338

BCescot

As Quads is no longer working with your system, you should  try one of the free malware removal sites mentioned by Krusty13 in the post above.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/NIS-13-Trying-to-help-a-friend-remove...

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.