Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
bartelbygainez
Accepted Solution

NIS 2011 NOT Detecting Tracking Cookies

Hi, everyone.  I've had my new computer for about a month (Windows 7) and have been using the free trial of Norton Internet Security 2011 that came pre-installed.  I hadn't noticed any problems until recently.

It seems like in the past week or so, NIS is not detecting the any or all of the cookies on my computer.  This goes for Idle, Full, and Quick Scans.  I know there are cookies to detect because I've manually looked for and deleted a long list of them.  NIS only managed to detect 2 cookies this past week.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?  I'm worried that other items/files aren't being detected either, and that this might leave me vulnerable to a virus.  Thanks a bunch for any info you can provide.   :smileyhappy:

Bartelby 

Keylogger Crusher
RichD

Re: NIS 2011 NOT Detecting Tracking Cookies

Hi bartelbygainez,

Have you checked your setting for Tracking Cookies Scan (within Settings> Computer Settings)?  What is your current setting?

TracklingCookiesScanSetting.JPG

RichD

HP-Mini 110 -1020NR (netbook) 2GB RAM, CPU N270 @1.60GHz, Windows XP Home, SP3, NIS 2011 18.6.0.29 (installed 12h00 GMT 18-JUL-11) , FF5,IE8

Visitor
bartelbygainez

I had it set to "Remove" since the beginning.  I'd get the occasional log in "History" telling me that some cookies were removed.

Now I have it at "Ask Me."  I changed it to check if the scans were detecting anything.

Do you think this is messing things up?

Bartelby

Super Spam Squasher
ALiasEX

[ Edited ]

Have you changed what browser you are using? What browser do you use currently?

Visitor
bartelbygainez

I use Chrome and no I haven't changed my browser.

Super Spam Squasher
ALiasEX

[ Edited ]

NIS does not currently remove tracking cookies from Chrome.

It has been posted in Product Suggestions

Visitor
bartelbygainez

[ Edited ]

Thanks ALiasEX for that info and link.  Thank you RichD for also posting.

So far I'm very satisfied with NIS 2011 and plan to extend my trial period by subscribing.  It's nice to know there's such a helpful community, also.  :smileyhappy:

Cheers,

Bartelby