Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
ltolman

NIS 2012; how to disable this particular popup

Hello.  I was hoping to find my answer here before i get a hold of Symantec.  Now last year; September 2010 I bought Internet Security 2011; I noticed I was getting notification pop ups for idle/other scans.  I felt it to be annoying so I got a hold of Symantec and they disabled the annoying notification (pretty simple task); except today (1yr + later) I forget how to fix it.

The thing is, is that i have my NIS 2012 configured for auto reusme delay: 10minutes; auto tasks delay 20minutes; and idle time out for 30minutes.

When I'm away from my computer less than 10minutes I move my mouse to get rid of screensaver and see an annoying message that says "Norton did a scan and fixed any issues"

When looking at my History these scans are less than 5minutes and under 10k files (which is about lol well 1/6 of my normal manual quick scan)

Anyways I searched the forums here and couldnt find my issue.  There was one that talked about Stealth Mode or Silent Mode rather but the options within NIS 2012 talks about a delay of 1hr at minimum so I dont think thats the issue Im facing.

Again I believe that if I dont touch my PC for a total of 10minutes straight I'll move mouse and see that popup.  If I'm watching a TV show then I never get that pop up.

Any thoughts before I get a hold of symantec and then post the answer?  Thanks

SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

Re: NIS 2012; how to disable this particular popup

Hi,

You can Turn-OFF the Task Notifications from Norton Internet Security from here

general.png

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,861
Solutions: 780

Hi Itolman,

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to turn off the Idle Quick Scan notifications, even if you disable the Norton Task Notification option.  A fix is planned.  See the following thread:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/More-pop-up-notifications-in-2012/m-p...

SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

Hi Jive,

Thanks for adding that info...:)

Regular Contributor
ltolman

Okay thank you. I did disable that option but am still getting the pop up notifications.

The other forum/post was dated over 1 month ago and Symantec was to let us know; am I to presume that the update still hasnt been pushed out yet?