Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Keylogger Crusher
Sea_Monster

NIS 2013 - Good Bye

Dear All,

Kind of sad to tell you that I have no choice but to say good bye to NIS.  I have been using Norton since 2008 and have seen tremendous improvement....I have seen Norton matured....it like seeing my daughter grow up.

For the last few years, I have been spending nearing USD50 for sub yearly renewal....now I can no longer afford it.  It has gotten too much. I understand now; why staying in USA has its preveilages....users in USA can get huge discount for NIS. (Just found out that you can get huge discount when ordering from A******.com (but only applicable to USA) other world wide users are not so lucky....really sad.

Of course, I know using free AV has its risk (support, updates....etc), but considering that using Free AV is much better than not using at all.

Perhaps, some day I will return to use NIS..... but as of Jan 2013 (when my sub expired) I will join the milions others that uses Free AV.  I don't know how long I will use Free AV, but definitely at least for 2013.

Till then, it has been very nice coming to this forum, getting all the solutions and help and I really love you all.

Take care and Merry Christmas and Happy 2013.......:womansad:

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,738
Solutions: 368

Re: NIS 2013 - Good Bye

SM,

We have been telling people for years to buy at the best price from a legitimate supplier rather than renew at a much higher price. -- and these prices are available from similar sources overseas -- I checked them out in the UK only the other day and people have reported them here. Someone in Australia a few years ago managed to buy for AUS$5 a copy and they were legitimate too.

So if you can afford $20-25 why not do that. Buy when you see the good price and have the money available (I know about that) and keep the KEY unused until a couple of days before the subscription expires ....

Hope we will still see you.

Hugh
Keylogger Crusher
Sea_Monster

huwyngr wrote:

SM,

We have been telling people for years to buy at the best price from a legitimate supplier rather than renew at a much higher price. -- and these prices are available from similar sources overseas -- I checked them out in the UK only the other day and people have reported them here. Someone in Australia a few years ago managed to buy for AUS$5 a copy and they were legitimate too.

So if you can afford $20-25 why not do that. Buy when you see the good price and have the money available (I know about that) and keep the KEY unused until a couple of days before the subscription expires ....

Hope we will still see you.

I have tons of friends using free AV.....and they wondered why I have to pay for it.  I tell them I felt very confortable with NIS all-in-one suite.  And love the service that Norton offer.

Some of them are like me....were using paid AV, but some how they changed.

Most of the other Norton Online Store, offer prices for 1user.....in the USA site, it offer 3 users.  I need 3 users.....I am also planning to get another notebook for my daughter....that will be 4 users.......and if I use have to spend $20-$25 for 1 users....4 users will be definitely out of the questions.

Naturally, I am not saying Norton should offer FREE AV, but considering the number of friends using free AV to paid AV....the ration is 7:1.  Now maybe 7:0....

Anyway, if I can buy NIS at an attactive price...I will think about it. 

Till then, take care and God Bless

huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,738
Solutions: 368

Coverage for 4 computers is definitely an awkward number. You can get a 5 user pack from Norton for about $20 per PC but then you can find 3PC Norton Internet Security from reputable online sources for under $25 but since a 1PC version from the same source is only a couple of dollars less, and sometimes more exppensive !, it would be better to buy 2 x 3PC in case you add PCs again.

But if one of your existing 3 PCs is no longer in use it is easy to release the activation on it so you can use it on a different PC.

Keep in touch when you have to decide.

Hugh
Regular Contributor
Yoda

I understand your frustration.

NIS (for 3 PCs) is USD$49.99 at Symantec.com but in Australia it is AUD$89.99, despite the fact that the Australian dollar is worth more than the US dollar. That is just a blatant ripoff.