Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Spam Squasher
mo

NIS2009 not responding to ..Stop a full system scan stuck on "pausing"

[ Edited ]

Hi

My NIS2009 is not responding when I went to cancel a full system scan,I am on the Admin account,I was previously on the Limited user account which also could not do( It could not even start the scan) a full system scan.When I went to log off the limited user account this pop came up with NS Appshell:Event window not responding.I finally exited the limited user account and thought I would try the full scan in the Admin account...It first showed no files being scanned ,so I thought I would cancel it and now the scan is stuck on pausing and not responding at all....is there a way to shut it off and what should I trouble shoot first??

Message Edited by mo on 06-06-2009 06:50 AM
Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Super Spam Squasher
mo

Re: NIS2009 not responding to ..Stop a full system scan stuck on "pausing"

Update: Stopped it by using task manager=end process

It is working in safe mode so I am doing the full scan now.

Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Phil_D
Topics: 205
Kudos: 2,521
Solutions: 384

Hi mo,

When you are through with the scan, see if a One Click Support session reveals anything.

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow

Super Spam Squasher
mo

Thanks for the suggestion,I am doing the backup Mbam scan while I am in safe mode .I will try the one click next.
Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Super Spam Squasher
mo

All safe mode scans were clean,I used oneclick it said all was ok.I went back into the limited account and tried a quick scan and it all appears to be working.Good news!
Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012