Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
scotjudy333
Accepted Solution

Need to re-download Internet Security

I had to take my laptop to be fixed, and the shop told me that the laptop has to be (re-)formatted, so a number of programs -- as I am sure you know -- will be removed, and this includes Internet Security.  How do I re-download IS and not lose anything in my account?  Can I get help with this here, or can you refer me to who I need to speak to about this?

peterweb
Kudos: 1,180
Solutions: 305

Re: Need to re-download Internet Security

Log into your Norton Account and click on the yellow Download button beside your current subscription. This will download and install a preactivated copy of your Norton Product. 

Be sure you run LiveUpdate manually a few times, rebooting as necessary, until no updates are available.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
Contributor
scotjudy333

Thank you so much for your help!

peterweb
Kudos: 1,180
Solutions: 305

You are welcome.

We are here if you need us again.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.
huwyngr
Topics: 1,003
Kudos: 2,738
Solutions: 368

scotjudy,

Just one thing to check with the shop doing the work -- are the doing what is called a Restore to Factory condition which reformats the hard drive and puts back all the features and programs etc that came when the laptop was new. This is a function that is included in most modern computers instead of providing a disk to reinstall Windows. It uses what is called an image of the drive as the PC was delivered.

The reason for asking is that doing that may well reinstall a security program since most computers come with some sort of trial of a program like Norton but may be another and it is important not only to uninstall that but very often to run a special cleanup tool you can download from the website of the trial program. The shop may know about this or you can tell us what came as new and we can give you a link to get the cleanup tool

If you don't do this additional cleanup it frequently stops the Norton program from installing properly so it is important to deal with this.

Do you have a backup of your Identity Safe file with the logins and passwords in it?

Hugh
Contributor
scotjudy333

I now have my laptop back fixed, and have downloaded Norton.  The only thing is, the Norton toolbar with Identity Safe did not appear in my browser, though I was able to log in to my Indentity Safe account in the Norton desktop window.  What do I need to do to get the toolbar back in my browser, Mozilla Firefox (which is up-to-date)?

PhoneMan
Topics: 18
Kudos: 133
Blog Posts: 0
Ideas: 0
Solutions: 13

First go to Add Ons - Extensions and see if Norton Tool bar is active. If it is then go Options and see if Norton Toolbar is checked.

Jim :heart:

Contributor
scotjudy333

Oh dear -- I couldn't find the Norton tool bar in Firefox's Add-Ons.  Does this mean I will have to use another browser, or is there a solution to this?

yank
Kudos: 2,064
Solutions: 471

Hi scotjudy333,

Did you run Liveupdate as perterweb suggested?  Run it as many times as necessary (rebooting when requested) until it reposnds with the specific words "no updates found".  One more question, did you update to FF 21 prior to updating/installing  NIS?

Contributor
scotjudy333

yank wrote:

Did you run Liveupdate as perterweb suggested?  Run it as many times as necessary (rebooting when requested) until it reposnds with the specific words "no updates found"

scotjudy:  Yes, I did.    Actually, I meant to include this in my previous post, but I forgot.  I ran Live Update several times, until it said there weren't any more Live Updates to do.  Then I ran a Full System Scan.

One more question, did you update to FF 21 prior to updating/installing  NIS?

No, I didn't.  What should I do?  Should I try downloading NIS again?