Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Visitor
LordJuanlo

Norton 2012 says AMD Catalyst driver is a threat

I have just downloaded the latest AMD Catalyst 12.6 beta driver from AMD website. I always disable my antivirus before updating drivers. As soon as I reboot and I turn on my antivirus, I found out that it has quarantined atiumdag.dll file from SysWOW64 folder, and I can't run any game. Norton says that it containts threat "Suspicious.Cloud.7.F"

I'm using Windows 7 x64. Please fix it as soon as possible, for now my antivirus has to remain disabled. 

Regards,

Juanlo 

Super Spam Squasher
Bombastus

Re: Norton 2012 says AMD Catalyst driver is a threat

Yep, Norton has always detected that .dll in all Catalyst beta drivers as a "suspicious cloud". AMD is aware of it, and it has been reported to Symantec numerous times, but nothing happens.

Regular Visitor
LordJuanlo

If that is true... we have a problem. AMD just announced that they will stop their monthly Catalyst WHQL releases and they will release more public betas and 'hotfix' drivers.

Super Spam Squasher
Bombastus

Here we go again... the new 12.7 beta drivers can't be installed because Norton identifies atiumdva.dll as Suspicious Cloud. 

The official 12.7 beta from http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/radeon_win7-64.aspx