Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
HarleyFrank

Norton Anti Spam Folder

Forum, I accidently deleted the Norton Anti-Spam Folder from my Outlook Express email account. Does NIS 2012 automatically regenereate it on restart? Can I manually re-create it from the NIS welcome page on my desktop? I no longer see the question "Is This Spam" on message preview. Thanks!

Embarassed,

Frank

dickevans

Re: Norton Anti Spam Folder

HarleyFrank wrote:

Forum, I accidently deleted the Norton Anti-Spam Folder from my Outlook Express email account. Does NIS 2012 automatically regenereate it on restart? Can I manually re-create it from the NIS welcome page on my desktop? I no longer see the question "Is This Spam" on message preview. Thanks!

Embarassed,

Frank

Hi Frank :smileyembarrassed:,

Been there done that. Please don't ask for the list of times and places.

I am not aware of a way to restore that feature. If I were doing it on my machine I'd get the Norton Remove and Reinstall Tool from here: http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&docurl=20110217171332EN

and run it. BEFORE doing that be sure to save your identity safe data!! You will need to run live update  after the install. Do that and reboot as directed until the program tells you that all updates have been downloaded and installed.

Stay well and surf safe

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
Atomic_Blast
Kudos: 219
Solutions: 39

Re: Norton Anti Spam Folder

[ Edited ]

Hi HarleyFrank:

Perhaps I could be of help. :smileyhappy:

Please try this. In Settings -> Network -> Message Protection, switch AntiSpam to off and click Apply.

Then Switch AntiSpam to on and click Apply -> Duration -> Permanently.

Open up Outlook Express and see if the AntiSpam folder is now there.

If not, close OE, go back into the above and click on Client Integration -> Configure. Make sure that

the selections for Outlook Express and Windows Address Book are checked off. Click apply again.

Then open OE and check.

Let us know if this solves your problem with the AntiSpam component.

Many thanks,

Atomic_Blast :)

"Every day is just another increment on the bell curve of life."