11-21-2008 11:50 AM
I installed Norton AntiVirus 2009, ran LiveUpdate, did a Full Scan, and excluded Famatech Remote Administrator. After installation I found that I could no longer access either the Internet or the rest of the computers on my LAN. I couldn't even answer tell Symantec why I was removing NAV from my system!
After excising Norton AntiVirus 2009 from my system, I can once again access the Internet and my LAN computers.
I am using a WPA-protected Wireless Network.
What do I need to do to Norton AntiVirus 2009 to keep it from interferring witht this fundamental operation? I've fought NAV before, but this is a new one.
11-21-2008 12:10 PM
AutoBlock in NAV 2009 may recognize some normal activity as an attack. If you can't communicate with computers that you should be able to communicate with, they may be on the list of computers that are currently blocked by AutoBlock. First, check whether the other computers in LAN are listed under AutoBlock. If it is present there, unblock it.You can use the following steps to unblock AutoBlocked computers:
1) In the Norton AntiVirus main window, in the Internet pane, click Settings.
2) Under Intrusion Prevention, in the Intrusion AutoBlock row, click Configure. You may need to scroll the window to see the option.
3) In the Intrusion AutoBlock window, under Computers currently blocked by AutoBlock, do one of the following:·
- To unblock one computer, select its IP address, and then click Unblock.·
- To unblock all computers on the AutoBlock list, click Unblock All.
4) Click OK.
You can also disable the AutoBlock and check the connectivity.