Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Keylogger Crusher
mattsegers

Norton Confidential

Hi All,

Has the issue of Norton Confidential crashing been fixed? Sorry, I can't seem to find it in the forums, even though I did see it just a few days ago. If you could point me in the right direction...?

Also, I am still experiencing problems with it. It still crashes and causes my browser to crash along with it (Chrome).

This happens specifically when I access my University's Moodle site, particularily the Comp Sci tab, on which there is a custom chatroom coded by one of our professors.

It happens now about 70% of the time, and has been for the past few days :)

Thanks!

Matt 

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."
- Mark Twain
Symantec Employee
viveksu

Re: Norton Confidential

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Sorry for the issue you are facing.

Will look into this issue.

We are already aware of few Chrome crash issues and people are working on it.

Can you please mention the URL or the Website on which you are seeing this issue?

Can you please tell the version of NIS 2012 and Chrome Browser that you had installed in your machine.(NIS version can be seen under "Support"->"About" and check the version number value).

Super Keylogger Crusher
mattsegers

Sorry, I completely forgot to give you more details :-D

Browser: Chrome
Norton Internet Security Version:  19.1.1.3

As for the URL, I am not sure this will work, as technically you have to log-in first... but I believe this should share it without needing a password:

http://mufasa.cs.uct.ac.za/~feedchat/cgi-bin/page3.pl?user=sgrmat001&internaluser=b20d504b-3f24-4768...

"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot."
- Mark Twain
Symantec Employee
viveksu

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Thanks for the Information.

1) Do you have anyother Extensions installed in your Chrome Browser. Please check under "Tools"->"Extensions" UI in Chrome.

2) Please mention Chrome Browser version also.

3) Do you have a Local Vault or a Online Vault to store your Logins credentials?

Super Keylogger Crusher
mattsegers

Extensions:

Click to Call with Skype: 5.5.0.8013

No others (other than Norton)

Chrome Version:

15.0.874.106 m

Vaule: Local. However, this happens whether or not I am logged in to it

Matt 

- Mark Twain
muzik_man

Greetings to the Group:

We are experiencing the same issue, specifically when accessing the index page of our offical artist site located at www.LarenciosMusic.org.

We are beginning to think that the Norton Internet Security plug in "hangs" on a page having a lot of links attached to it--ss the Chrome browser "digests" the links.

When the error pop up announcing that the Norton Confidential plug in has become unresponsive the user is unable to continue using the auto Password detection feature on that browser start up for the rest of the online session. One must close the Chrome browser and restart the application to clear the problems associated with the Norton Confidential plug in. Notice this happening only with Chrome. Internet Explorer v9 is not affected by this problem.

Norton Internet Security v19.2.0.10; running on Windows Vista Business O/S.

Chrome v15.0.874.121 m

/s/ Richard
www.LarenciosMusic.org