12-11-2010 05:43 PM
I purchased Norton Internet Security (2011) on-line today for my laptop and I am having trouble downloading it. When I go through the download steps, it stalls at step 3 - when I open the executable file, it opens another window C:\Users\karyn\DWNLO~1\NISDOW~.EXE (this window is black) and it just hangs there. I should also mention that I have a pop up virus on my laptop and it is wreaking havoc on my computer (and probably causing the download issue). I purchased Norton to take care of the virus (and future issues) but I can't get it downloaded. Help?
Solved! Go to Solution.
12-11-2010 06:25 PM
There is a specific Forum for Norton Internet Security so I'll ask for your message to be moved over there or better exposure. You won't lose sight of it because a link will be left here.
Very often malware will stop the installation or running of security software so you may have to get rid of the infection first -- this is on another computer, not on the one you are using to post here?
Hang on for some help ....
12-11-2010 09:20 PM - edited 12-11-2010 09:22 PM
I think you may have a rogue, which may be preventing Norton Internet Security 2011 from installing. Follw the steps below.
1. Download and install Malwarebytes, here is the link
3. Download and install Superantispyware
2. Update Malwarebytes. Turn off internet connection. Run a full system scan. Remove all viruses that are found. If you are asked to reboot please do so.
4. Turn the internet connection back on.
5. Update Superantispware. Turn off internet connection. Run a full system scan. Remove all viruses found. If you are asked to reboot please do so.
6. Then try installing Norton Internet Security 2011
Let us know what happens
Hope this helps :)
Hope this helps