Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
IndoNator

Norton IS 2012 + Hotspot Shield ?

[ Edited ]

Can i use Hotspot Shield together with Norton IS 2012 ?

For example if i take my computer to a other place and i use my wifi usb stick i want it to be encrypted.

http://hotspotshield.com/

Keylogger Crusher
RichD

Re: Norton IS 2012 + Hotspot Shield ?

[ Edited ]

IndoNator wrote:

Can i use Hotspot Shield together with Norton IS 2012 ?

Hi IndoNator

I don't know the answer to our question, however, I noticed that Norton Insight, in referring to the Hotspot Shield installation file DM-238.exe, reports that "Tens of thousands of users in the Norton Community have used this file."

If there are that many Norton users already using that application, then if there were problems in compatibility  I would imagine that we would have heard about them by now.  Perhaps someone else with experience with Hotspot Shield can answer your question.

RichD

[EDITED: RIght now,  I'm not sure that the DM-238.exe file mentioned above is in fact the Hotspot Shield installation file.  It looks like it is just a Download Manager stub file that, when executed, will later download the actual Hotspot Shield file.  I'll have to look into this in greater detail, and if I discover anything I post the information in another message. I'll try to locate the actual installation file for this application and see if it has a Norton Insight rating.]

[ [ FURTHER EDIT:  I have now located the actual installation file for HSS-2.06 (Hot SpotShield 2.06). downloaded by the download manager.  The Norton Insight report for the actual installation file is given below, under file name HSS-2.06-install-anchorfree-238-conduit2.exe -- "Few Users - Hundreds of users in the Norton Community have used this installation file"  The Norton Insight report for DM-238.exe is misleading, because it contains only a report for the Download Manager program,  not the installation file itself.  } }

HSS-2-06 installer.JPG

FileInsight HotspotShield.JPG

HP-Mini 110 -1020NR (netbook) 2GB RAM, CPU N270 @1.60GHz, Windows XP Home, SP3, NIS 2011 18.6.0.29 (installed 12h00 GMT 18-JUL-11) , FF5,IE8

Keylogger Crusher
RichD

Hi IndoNator,

Here is another view on Norton vs, Hot Spot Shield:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110126211229AAbQPyG

RIchD

HP-Mini 110 -1020NR (netbook) 2GB RAM, CPU N270 @1.60GHz, Windows XP Home, SP3, NIS 2011 18.6.0.29 (installed 12h00 GMT 18-JUL-11) , FF5,IE8

Contributor
IndoNator

[ Edited ]

Ah , the article says its spyware that collects everything about you for marketing purposes , thats why it´s free.

I don´t know about that but it does make sense.

But i think it is free because there are allot of ads in the free version , but they do warn you about it and it installs two toolbars but u can OPT it out.

And i do think now , that u can use it together thanks for the info , i will consider if i will use it.

Doesnt norton protect me against hackers , snoopers , sniffers  , data stealers  then ?