09-10-2011 07:32 AM
I upgraded to 2012 from 2011, and after i restarted from an update i clicked the white arrow in the bottom right of the taskbar and seen there was two norton icons there.
I thought it might be a glitch, so i just restarted again, but it was still there.
I was woundering how i can get Norton to show one icon in the tasks list in the taskbar.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-10-2011 07:42 AM
At first check by double clicking the 2 icons. If any of the icon let Norton program to launch that is the original icon. Go ahead and recycle the 2nd icon.
This can happen if the removal is not completed.
09-10-2011 07:58 AM
Thanks for trying to help with this issue, i have tried what you said and if i double click them, they both seem to open Norton the same way.
09-10-2011 08:00 AM
You are most welcome !
Please go ahead and remove one icon . Then try to open Norton and let me know if it is working or not.
09-10-2011 08:07 AM - edited 09-10-2011 08:09 AM
I took a screenshot for you to better explain, i am not sure where to find these two icons at in the Norton folder:
09-10-2011 08:11 AM
If the 2 icons open the same program, please do the following steps.
1) Click on " Start " and click on " Run " ( Windows Key + Letter " R " simultaneously )
2) Type " msconfig " and click on Okay.
3) Under " Start-Up " tab, check whether there is two start up entries for Norton program. If it is there, disable one and restart computer . Check the same.
09-10-2011 08:19 AM
So that follow the same steps and check under " Services " . You can check the option " Hide All Microsoft Services " and then check for Norton Services.
If you can see 2 entries, uncheck one and click on Apply and restart computer...
09-10-2011 08:28 AM
Okay. So we can try be re-installing the Norton program. As I informed it might be because of some files that is not yet removed.
1) Download and run Norton Removal Tool : www.symantec.com/nrt
2) Restart your computer.
3) Download and install Norton program ( As per the screen shot it is Norton Internet Security )
> Norton Internet Security : www.norton.com/nis12
4) Activate using the product key that you have.