Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
spontburn

Norton Internet Security 2013 blocking my applications in Win 8 Start Screen

I recently installed NIS 2013 on my Win 8 laptop. Everything seemed to be fine however when I tried to launch Mail, Video, Weather, Messaging etc; all these apps didn't seem to work and would only lead me to a stalked screen or a blank screen. Internet is fine and IE is working. Funny thing is the Live Tiles still showing updates on new emails, facebook updates etc but those applications just won't run. Dose anyone got the solution for this issues? I only tried to disabled some of the features in NIS but they were not helping. Thanks.

dickevans

Re: Norton Internet Security 2013 blocking my applications in Win 8 Start Screen

spontburn wrote:

I recently installed NIS 2013 on my Win 8 laptop. Everything seemed to be fine however when I tried to launch Mail, Video, Weather, Messaging etc; all these apps didn't seem to work and would only lead me to a stalked screen or a blank screen. Internet is fine and IE is working. Funny thing is the Live Tiles still showing updates on new emails, facebook updates etc but those applications just won't run. Dose anyone got the solution for this issues? I only tried to disabled some of the features in NIS but they were not helping. Thanks.

Welcome,
I've just started playing with W8 and the new NIS and so far have not seen the problem you are describing. Could it be your graphics drivers?

Just a guess on my part. Keep us posted

Dick
Win7x64 SP1 current NIS V21
spontburn

Re: Norton Internet Security 2013 blocking my applications in Win 8 Start Screen

Hi Dick, I don't think it is related to the  graphic driver. The tiles on the Start Screen is the direct access to some of the key applications which bypasses the desktop. It seems like most of the major built-in apps such as Mail, Store, Calendar, Messaging, Weather etc. All of them could not launch. Before that I was using McAfee IS and had no issues at all. I will try to look for solutions. If worse comes to the worst, I'll do a system restore.