Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
kaslinmil

Norton Internet Security Error 3048, 3

Hi,

I've had this error pop on on Norton several times this morning. I get Error 3048, 3.  I've downloaded, installed, and run Norton Power Eraser. Norton Power Eraser did find one "bad" file. However, this so-called "bad" file is a program I've downloaded and installed.

The so-called "bad" file is jobulator.exe. This is a program I have installed that searches for substitute teaching jobs for me, so I know it is safe and from a reliable company. The one time I removed the file, it makes my Jobulator widget inoperable. I have reinstalled Jobulator, and the message has returned.

The problem I have is there is no option to ignore or add this program to a list that says this is safe.

Edjr60

Re: Norton Internet Security Error 3048, 3

kaslinmil wrote:

I've had this error pop on on Norton several times this morning. I get Error 3048, 3.  I've downloaded, installed, and run Norton Power Eraser. Norton Power Eraser did find one "bad" file. However, this so-called "bad" file is a program I've downloaded and installed.

The so-called "bad" file is jobulator.exe. The one time I removed the file, it makes my Jobulator widget inoperable. I have reinstalled Jobulator, and the message has returned.

The problem I have is there is no option to ignore or add this program to a list that says this is safe.

Hi kaslinmil,

Is jobulator.exe in your Smart Firewall Programs list - Settings > Network > Smart Firewall > Program Control > Configure > Add if not already in the list. It probably is, but you can always check. Firewall rules are created when new programs first run.

If you are absolutely certain this program is a safe program, you can add it to the exclusions list. I don't know if that would cure the error 3048,3. That might be related to something else, but you could give this a try and see if it gives you any relief.

Go to - Settings > Computer > Antivirus and SONAR Exclusions > Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect, SONAR and Download Intelligence Detections > Configure > Add. You can always remove the item at any time.

Keep in mind adding this item excludes it from protections as the category states.

Ed

floplot
Topics: 210
Kudos: 2,017
Solutions: 361

Hello Kaslinmil

Welcome to the Norton Community,

You can submit it here

To report a false positive, please use this link

https://submit.symantec.com/false_positive/

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Regular Contributor
LinYu2

I have found a proposed solution for Error 3048 here:

http://www.wiki-errors.com/err.php?wiki=3048

Did anyone try it? I'm not suggesting that it works or even that it could be safely done. I'm just curious and trying to help.

Cheers

Lin Yu

Visitor
rooney1987

[ Edited ]

Yeah I had this error message within the hour.

I did download the Norton Power Eraser, I don't think it found an issue. It just said "Norton power eraser has successfully restored the internet connection. Hosts file and NPE proxy settings may have been modified" then whenI try to contiue it just re scans and the same messgae pops up.

Anyone know what the Error 3048 is, google and other members on this forum no one seems to know what the problem is or how to fix it. 

If the message appears again do I try to re install.

Edit - to add a little extra my connection in fine and so is Norton so far (got the green tick, let me do an update and scan).

KimFrederiksen

Norton Internet Security Error 3048, 3

Norton Autofix have started the morning with searching for the above mentioned issue. Just waiting for Norton to finished the process .....

Hhmmm what will it end up with? Installing the Power Eraser?