09-20-2011 10:13 PM
09-20-2011 10:40 PM
Can you please clarify few queries:-
1) Do you have anyother security product installed in your machine along with Norton?
2) Please check whether your product proxy settings are correct under "Settings"->"Network"->"Network Security Settings"->"Proxy Server" i you had configured one.
3) Check whether "Auto-Protect" is ON under "Settings"->"Computer"->"Real Time Protection", if its OFF then please enable it, and later run a "Full System Scan". After the scan complete try to run liveupdate and check whether its working.
09-21-2011 12:51 AM
Try to download the definition file from this web page .
Also, make sure that the System Date & Time is correct.
09-21-2011 01:10 AM
I have no other protection product on my computer.
I am encountering the probem probably( I am not sure because wireless router was installed in my absence) after installing a wireless router to my ADSL modem and started using wireless for internet.
09-21-2011 03:03 AM
Are you able to browse using the present Wireless connection that you have?
If you had any proxy configuration in your Internet Explorer or the browser that you use then please add it to Norton Internet Security 2012 also, provide the proxy configuration under "Settings"->"Network"->"Network Security Settings"->"Proxy Server" .
09-21-2011 10:02 PM
1) Please open IE9, Click on "Tools"->Click "Intenet Options"->Click on "Connections"->Click on "Lan Settings", Check whether "Use a proxy server for your LAN(These settings will not apply to dial-up or VPN connections)" is checked and a "Address" and "Port" is mentioned in IE. If some proxy address is mentioned in IE9 please provide them in NIS product also.
2) Open the drive where you had installed the OS , for exampls C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\ and open the "hosts" file using Notepad and check whether any redirection is done for liveupdate server? If you are going to make any modification of the hosts file then please take a backup of the hosts before changing it.