Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
bruce007
Accepted Solution

Norton Multiple Email Error Pop-ups

Hello everyone, my webserver was continnue to get Email Error messges from Norton. Each erro messages are having different sender's name (in chinese). but it seems that they are using my IP address.I suspect that something is trying to use my server to send out emails as spam.I used Norton Anti virus 2012, MarewareBytes, SuperAnitSpam, Advance SystemCare, ComFix, HitmanPro3,CCleaning and TdssKiller to cleaning my computer. but the POP-Up is always coming back. please see the attachment for one error msg. please help!

thank you

ps:

didi TdssKiller and Hitmanpro.
http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses/solutions?qid=208280684
http://www.surfright.nl/en/hitmanpro

also run Combofix and post log here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,852
Solutions: 779

Re: Norton Multiple Email Error Pop-ups

What error messages are you getting?

Contributor
bruce007

Contributor
bruce007

here is the attachment. thank you! I was trying to upload the error-msg file. :)

SendOfJive

If none of the anti-malware programs you have used has found anything malicious, you might want to check with your email service provider to see what assistance they can offer.

anas
Topics: 0
Kudos: 0
Solutions: 1

[ Edited ]

Hi Bruce,

You can try disabling Outgoing Email Scanning feature to get rid of these messages.

Start your Norton product.

Click Settings.

Depending on your Norton product, do one of the following:
  • For Norton AntiVirus or Norton Internet Security: Click Network. In the left pane, click Message Protection. Next to Email Antivirus Scan, click Configure.
  • For Norton N360: Click Antivirus. On the Scans and Risks tab, next to Email Antivirus Scan, click Configure.
In the Email Antivirus Scan window, under What to scan, uncheck Scan outgoing email messages.

Click Apply.

In the Security Request window, select Permanently from the drop-down menu and then click OK.

In the Email Antivirus Scan window, click OK.

In the Settings window click OK or Close.

Note: The above steps will only stop the annoying popup messages from appearing. However will not resolve the cause of the issue.

Thanks and regards,
Anas.

Contributor
bruce007

Guru, I do not have yahoo email account? I am not sure who to ask...:) my provider is comcast.. what kind of problem do you think that I may have? ... thank you

Contributor
bruce007

Anas, Thank you for the reply. I really appreciated your helps. :)

yank
Kudos: 2,244
Solutions: 511

Hi bruce007,

You may be better off posting on the Comcast EMail Board - I know they have changed some ports and have recently made some other changes to their email.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Security-and-Anti-Virus/bd-p/13

I haven't been on the Email Forums lately as the Norton upgrades etc have kep tme busy on their Security Forum. 

You might even get lucky and be able to search for n answer.

SendOfJive

Hi anas,

Disabling email scanning might stop Norton from displaying the alerts, but the alerts are coming from the ISP and, if Norton does not display them, the email client will.  The user will still get the delivery failure notifications.