Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
yragha
Accepted Solution

Norton Toolbar and IE

While I wait on an update fix to get to 19.5 with Firefox how do I get the toolbar to work for IE.  I hadn't used IE in quite sometime and everything is showing up on ADD ons:

Toolbar, Vunerability protection and Identity protection but yet it's not showing up.  Anything in advance settings I need to change.  Their set at DEFAULT Internet Explorer settings.

Your help would be appreciated.

yank
Kudos: 2,249
Solutions: 512

Re: Norton Toolbar and IE

yragha wrote:

While I wait on an update fix to get to 19.5 with Firefox how do I get the toolbar to work for IE.  I hadn't used IE in quite sometime and everything is showing up on ADD ons:

Toolbar, Vunerability protection and Identity protection but yet it's not showing up.  Anything in advance settings I need to change.  Their set at DEFAULT Internet Explorer settings.

Your help would be appreciated.

Please check to ensure all theadd-ons are enabled.

The in IE - View > Toolbars > ensure there is a check mark in front of Norton Toolbar.

Again in IE > Tools > Internet Optiopns > Advacned Tab > under Browsing > place a check mark in Enable third-party Browser Extentions.  Please note a restart of IE is required.

If still no joy, in IE > Help About > and ensure there is no 64 bit in the area circled below.  If there is you need to switch to the 32 bit version of IE.

Please post back with results.

yank

@ yragha,

I think there is another solution, since you are a fan of FF.  You can uninstall FF 10 and downlaod and install FF 9.0.1 and all should work fine.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/11309/

Please let us know if this works.

shannons
Topics: 51
Kudos: 115
Solutions: 8

Contributor
yragha

[ Edited ]

Enabling third party browser extensions did it.

Gonna wait a few more days and see if Tim and Norton come out with a fix.  I know the last update was I believe on Friday from reading these forums.  I continue to do live update but nothing but pulse updates.

Thanks again!

yank

yragha wrote:

Enabling third party browser extensions did it.

Gonna wait a few more days and see if Tim and Norton come out with a fix.  I know the last update was I believe on Friday from reading these forums.  I continue to do live update but nothing but pulse updates.

Thanks again!

Glad you got it sorted and have the NTB back - even if only in IE.