09-15-2009 12:40 PM
I was using the Norton Internet Security 2010 Beta and everything was working fine (including Norton Toolbar). When my Beta license expired yesterday, I uninstalled the beta and installed a trial version of the released version of 2010. (I am running Windows 7 RC). Now, for some reason, the Norton Toolbar will not activate in Firefox. When I look at add-ons, it says "this addon will be activated with firefox restarts" but no matter how many times I restart Firefox, it says the same thing. I even tried rebooting my computer in case there was a rogue process running somewhere that would not allow Firefox to restart completely.
Any Suggestions will be appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
09-15-2009 08:23 PM
i installed firefox 3.5.3 and NIS 2010 on my pc(windows 7 7600 RTM). Norton Toolbar works fine. i am not sure with your problem. maybe reinstall firefox will solve it.
09-16-2009 10:28 AM
I haven’t seen this issue myself but it looks like a problem with Firefox caching extension information. Please try the following to see if that resolves the issue.
1. Close all instance of Firefox
2. Open File Manager / Explorer and go to the following directory %APPDATA%\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\<profile_id.def
3. You will see 3 extension files listed under this directory. Make a backup of these 3 files:
4. Delete the above 3 files from the file system ( they will be auto generated by Firefox )
5. Now launch Fireofox and everything should be working as expected.
Let me know if that resolved the issue.