Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
IanTheGreat

Norton didn't find - Whitesmoke Virus

I recently found whitesmoke virus on my system with Spyware Doctor , i gathered something was wrong when my yahoo email account kept going too a blank screen on log out as it never use to.    Norton never found anything , maybe as Norton recognises Whitesmoke as a genuine application , the problem is i have never installed Whitesmoke grammar application .   As soon as Spyware Dr. removed the virus my yahoo email logged out perfectly like it use too .

I am dissapointed that norton didn't find this virus , i am a norton subscriber and have been for the last 4 years , i will also be subscribing again in 2 weeks for another year ,  so please Norton add this vicious virus to your data base .   

By the way i'm -  Windows 7 Ultimate - 64 bit

Only The Strong Survive , By Being Wise With No Compromise
peterweb
Kudos: 1,462
Solutions: 366

Re: Norton didn't find - Whitesmoke Virus

Welcome

As you and many others that have come here have found out, no one security product is going to find 100% of all 65,000 plus malware and variants that are released every day.

You did the right thing and got a second opinion and were able to solve your issue.

Part of the problem could be that there seems to be a legitimate grammar checker and translater software with the same name.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.