Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
cats2010

Norton rebate

[ Edited ]

delphinium wrote:

The best thing to do with any subscription issue is to explain the situation to customer service using chat.  They will help you sort it out.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

I called Norton customer service and was told to take it up with Office Depot where I bought the Norton Internet Security for $100 because I was promised a rebate of $80, which so far, I have not received either. Office Depot told me to call Norton Customer Service.  What is going on? If less money was involved, I would simply take all Norton off the computer and go to McAfee.

[edit: Clarified subject.]

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,797
Solutions: 778

Re: Norton rebate

[ Edited ]

Hi cats2010,

Please check the Norton Rebate Resource Center at the link below.  You will find a link there to Frequently Asked Questions, along with a link which should enable you to track your rebate:

http://us.norton.com/rebates/index.jsp

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,822
Solutions: 376

cats2010 wrote:

delphinium wrote:

The best thing to do with any subscription issue is to explain the situation to customer service using chat.  They will help you sort it out.

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/contact/contact.jsp?pvid=cs

I called Norton customer service and was told to take it up with Office Depot where I bought the Norton Internet Security for $100 because I was promised a rebate of $80, which so far, I have not received either. Office Depot told me to call Norton Customer Service.  What is going on? If less money was involved, I would simply take all Norton off the computer and go to McAfee.

[edit: Clarified subject.]

I don't see any background -- which rebate was it? There are often several involved in the store offers:

A rebate or instant discount from the store (chain) itself for which they are entirely responsible.

One or more rebates that come from Norton, often in the form of a prepaid gift card that can be used for anything, not just Norton, and anywhere that accepts such cards, often they are VISA. If you have mor thn one you can use them together for a larger purchase and if the cost is less than the value on the card then the balance is available still on one of the cards. A request form would be with the product.

An Upgrader's rebate from Norton for those who already own Norton products and for which there would be a request form with the purchase.

So did you get those forms and fill them in? Did you include all the supporting evidence called for -- sometimes part of the box, sometimes a number, sometimes a disk or page from a manual .... Do you have copies of them?

You said you did call Norton but the best route is with online chat -- which did you do?

When did you buy the product and which Norton product was it -- details please including the name and number of PCs it was for, usually 1 or 3 ?

No-one can help you wtihout some information.

Hugh
cats2010

It is Norton Utilities Premier Edition for up to 3 PCs which I bought at Home Depot on 2/03/11 for $99.99 with an $80 rebate slip which I mailed with copy of receipt and UPC number cut out of box  to Symantec Offer #10-39864 PO Box 540029  El Paso, TX on 2/15/11. Normally I never buy stuff with rebate, but thought that Symantec/Norton is trustworthy.  I've used their Security for many years. The program does not accept the activation code, so I cleared out and re-loaded every 15 days. My best friend died recently, so I was not in the mood to follow up lately.

Elfriede

huwyngr

I'm sorry at your loss -- it takes a toll on all concerned.

Please follow the link in the 2nd message here from SendOJive

There's a link there to Track your Rebate  which may help but I don't know what information you have to supply.

Did you phone Customer Support? I don't think they should have referred you to Office Depot so if you spoke on the phone would you mind trying the OnLine Chat since we have found them good at dealing with subscriptions problems (which is what you bought <s>).

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; email or phone may have a long wait time and feedback from users tells us that CHAT is by far the best at resolving problems.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Did you speak to Office Depot? My experience with them on Customer Problems has always been first class and it's not unknown for a sensible store manager to hand over the rebate rather than have a dissatisfied customer -- I had this happen with COMPUSA here!.

Meanwhile I'll have a look at the Office Depot website and see what I can find about the specific rebate offer.

If all this fails I can try to get a behind the scenes message to Norton Staff and see if they can help resolve it although their function here (and ours)  is to deal with the technical side.

Sorry you have had all this trouble with something that for me has been very smoothe.

Hugh
SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,797
Solutions: 778

Hi cats2010,

In my many experiences with Symantec rebates I have found that it normally takes as many as eight weeks before you receive your card.  I would not be concerned about yours at this point, but certainly you can use the link given above to check and make sure that your submission is being processed.

huwyngr

[ Edited ]

cats2010 wrote:

It is Norton Utilities Premier Edition for up to 3 PCs which I bought at Home Depot on 2/03/11 for $99.99 with an $80 rebate slip which I mailed with copy of receipt and UPC number cut out of box  to Symantec Offer #10-39864 PO Box 540029  El Paso, TX on 2/15/11.

[ ... ] 

Just caught this -- did you mean Home Depot or Office Depot ?  

From their website it does not look s if Home Depot sells any Norton Software. 

OK This must be it: on Office Depot

NortonNorton Internet Security 2011/Norton Utilities +Tax Attach $80 Visa PP Card12/12/201004/16/2011

But it says:

$80 GET BACK
when you purchase
Norton™ Internet Security 2011/Norton
Utilities™ Premier Edition and any version of
TurboTax®
from Intuit® or TaxCut®  

[ ... ] 

Enclose a legible copy of your dated sales receipt(s) with the purchase price circled of both Norton
Internet Security 2011/Norton Utilities Premier Edition and any version of TurboTax from Intuit or
TaxCut from H&R Block or select tax forms software. Products need not be purchased on the same
receipt.

Did you buy Turbotax ?

If you did not that might be why Norton said to contact Office Depot -- the offer is open until April so it would seem you could still buy a copy ot TurboTax, if you need one.....

Hugh