Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Bauer24
Accepted Solution

Norton tells me my subscription has expired, but it doesn't expire until June 10, 2009

When I open Norton Internet Security it says "Your subscription has expired" and asks me to renew, but when I go to my account on Semantic.com it shows my expiration date as June 10, 2009?  How can I fix this?
huwyngr
Topics: 1,000
Kudos: 2,717
Solutions: 368

Re: Norton tells me my subscription has expired, but it doesn't expire until June 10, 2009

You don't say what version of what Norton software you have .....

Odd as it may seem, check the date / time on your system clock to see if it is correct. There have been cases where a large error here causes what you see.

If it's one of the 2009 try clicking on Help & Support then One Click Support and see if you can get a link to resynchronize your installation to the Norton Software.

If you cannot then the simple thing is to contact Customer Support who have a way of dealing with this:

To contact customer support Click on this link and work on from there.

You can choose CHAT or Email; phone may have a long wait time.

Note that that link is to the USA/CAN website so if you are located elsewhere I'm sure you will be able to find the equivalent location on your local Symantec website; some pages have a link at the top right where you can select the country you are located in.

Hope that helps -- please let us know how it goes.

Hugh
Phil_D
Topics: 205
Kudos: 2,524
Solutions: 384

Re: Norton tells me my subscription has expired, but it doesn't expire until June 10, 2009

[ Edited ]

Deleted similar post.

Didn't see huwyngr posting.

Message Edited by Phil_D on 03-21-2009 09:36 PM

Norton Internet Security • Comcast NSS • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."  Edward R. Murrow

huwyngr

Sorry you deleted it since you gave the link to the Synchronization page ...... that I've now made a macro of <s>

How to synchronize with the Symantec subscription server

Hugh
Bauer24

I had to contact customer support to solve this problem.  Nothing else worked.  I used CHAT which I prefer to telephone support because the wait time is practically nonexistent. I don't know what the problem was but it seemed like the customer service representative was also having a hard time figuring it out. Finally he just uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and that fixed it. At the same time he upgraded me to the 2009 version from the 2007 version without charge.
Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,436
Solutions: 528

Bauer24 wrote:
I had to contact customer support to solve this problem.  Nothing else worked.  I used CHAT which I prefer to telephone support because the wait time is practically nonexistent. I don't know what the problem was but it seemed like the customer service representative was also having a hard time figuring it out. Finally he just uninstalled the program and reinstalled it and that fixed it. At the same time he upgraded me to the 2009 version from the 2007 version without charge.

Hi Bauer24, I'm about to upgrade from NIS 2007 to NIS 2009; may I ask what kind of deinstallation/installation method the customer service representative used to upgrade you to NIS 2009?:smileyhappy:

huwyngr

I'm glad they fixed it for you and that you got the 2009 installed -- did you check to see if it was the lastest 16.5.0.134/135 ?

Hugh