Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
EbonyDaniels
Accepted Solution

Norton toolbar missing

I really hope someone can help me with this issue! I installed the Norton Security Suite about 6 months ago and everything was fine. The other day I made a mistake and somehow uninstalled it so I had to reinstall it and now I can't get the toolbar to show. I have checked in the ie9 tools and everything is enabled. However, it says enabled but there is not a tick/check next to the Norton toolbar. How do I get it back?

yank
Kudos: 2,244
Solutions: 511

Re: Norton toolbar missing

EbonyDaniels wrote:

I really hope someone can help me with this issue! I installed the Norton Security Suite about 6 months ago and everything was fine. The other day I made a mistake and somehow uninstalled it so I had to reinstall it and now I can't get the toolbar to show.

Since reinstalling have you run manual LiveUpdates (rebooting as requested) until such time as LiveUpdate comes back with "no more available updates" and then rebooted one more time?  In the case of NSS I have seen it take 6 or more reboots for it to report no more updates.

I have checked in the ie9 tools and everything is enabled. However, it says enabled but there is not a tick/check next to the Norton toolbar. How do I get it back?

Are you referring to IE9, View >Toolbars?  If Norton Toolbar is present - place a check in front of it.  If it is not present ensure you are using IE9 32 bit version.

Please keep us posted.
Visitor
EbonyDaniels

Thank you for responding! As far as running the manual LiveUpdates, I did reboot until it said "no more available updates" so that part is done (I hope).

Are you referring to IE9, View >Toolbars?  If Norton Toolbar is present - place a check in front of it.  If it is not present ensure you are using IE9 32 bit version.

In reference to the IE9 Tools there is no way for me to place a check in front of it. When I click on Norton Toolbar it asks me if I want to Disable. When I Disable or even Enable it I still do not see the Toolbar. And I am sure that I am using IE9 32-bit.

Visitor
EbonyDaniels

I have fixed the problem myself. I uninstalled Norton and then reinstalled it. Now everything is back to normal. So... yay to me!!