Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
darco1842
Accepted Solution

Pale Moon browser 12.2

Hi,

I have recently switched browsers from Firefox to Pale Moon on 2 of my new laptops that have Norton's Internet Security.  I just want to make sure NIS is supporting Pale Moon because I already bought  NIS  and registered it on one of the laptops.  I bought the single user 3 computer package. 

The reason I am asking is because I downloaded a file using Pale Moon and the little notification did not come up in the corner, saying it was safe, so I downloaded the same file using another browser and the notice came up on that one.

I sure hope you are securing Pale Moon browser, because I never thought when purchasing that it would not be protected.

Thank You.

yank
Kudos: 2,230
Solutions: 510

Re: Pale Moon browser 12.2

Hi darco1842,

Here are the System Requirments for NIS 2012.  You wil notice that Pale Moon is not a supported browser:

NIS 2012 System Requirements.PNG

SendOfJive
Kudos: 4,840
Solutions: 779

Hi darco1842,

I don't think Pale Moon is a supported portal for Download Intelligence, so you may not get the reputation-based file summaries when downloading using that browser.  Norton Auto-Protect components would still provide protection from malware, however.  Please see the following information about Download Intelligence:

https://www-secure.symantec.com/norton-support/jsp/help-solutions.jsp?ct=us&docid=v23920667_NAV_Reta...

Visitor
darco1842

Thanks to both of you for your reply.

I can do without the Download Intelligence and just scan the file when it downloads.  It is a nice feature, but most of all I wanted to be secure while browsing.  That is what I mostly do and have almost caught 2 things while clicking on a link in google.  Luckly Nod32 caught and terminated the connection on one of my computers, thus saving me from catching whatever was there.  I thought NIS would do the same.  That is why I bought for 3 computers.  It will be replacing Nod 32 as soon as it expires.  So just for my peace of mind NIS will be doing this when I am browsing with Pale Moon?

Regular Contributor
neigh-ho-ma

[ Edited ]

Perhaps it's semantics, but PaleMoon is an optimized version of the Firefox codes.  There are modules that are left out and modules that are enhanced by Moonchild, the optimizer/programmer.

I've been using PaleMoonx64 for a while and I still get an occasional download warning/alert/quarantine.  I've been blocked from a site due to injection attack or malware compromise.  NIS continues to function similar to the time when Firefox was my browser and later, Waterfox(x64).

Edit: I should add the toolbar complements might not work.  Since I use the x64, they are not a factor, good or bad.

Visitor
darco1842

Thank You! This is exactly what I wanted to know, that NIS still catches virus and male-ware when I am browsing with Pale Moon. Thanks to all of you for taking the time to put my mind at ease. I love Pale Moon, it was exactly what I was looking for when they started changing the UI in firefox.