06-10-2013 02:35 PM - edited 06-19-2013 12:33 PM
Dear Norton Community,
We are glad to announce that we have completed testing our latest inline releases of Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security and we are ready to release the patches for English customers.
To receive the update, simply run LiveUpdate and download the update. A reboot will be required for Windows XP & Vista customers. No reboot will be required for Windows 7 or Windows 8 customers.
To verify you have the update, launch the Main User Interface, click on Support, and select About. The version number of the new release for Norton AntiVirus and Norton Internet Security will be 184.108.40.206
Please Note: The patch is currently available to ENGLISH customers ONLY. We will be releasing the patches in other regions soon.
The FAQ below tries to answer some common questions:
1. What is the version number for this patch?
The version number is 220.127.116.11.
Please note that all Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus customers running version 20.x with a valid subscription will receive this update for free. Not using the new Norton products? See if you qualify for a FREE update to the newest version by visiting the Norton Update Center.
2. When will I receive the patch?
As a standard practice, we are deploying the patch in a phased manner. We have released the patch to some randomly selected customers. We will then monitor our telemetry, as well as this forum, for any problem reports or issues. Once we have confirmed the effectiveness of the patch we will make it available to all customers. We will post an update on the Norton Community Forums when we make the patch available to all customers.
3. How can I manually install these patches?
This update is currently available through LiveUpdate.
4. What are the changes in this release?
Below are the changes and fixes introduced in NIS/NAV 20.4:
- Fixed compatibility issue with Malwarebytes.(link)
- Corrected issue where Intrusion Prevention was showing as off (stays on) if you opened Norton Antispam from Outlook.
- Norton Zone widget has been added to the main product page (English Only).
- Norton Safe Web widget has been removed from the main product page (Safe Web will remain as part of the Browser).
- Fixed visiblity of buttons in high contrast mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Scan Items tab scroll bar was not appearing.
20.4 also contains MANY changes and fixes from the previous versions. Some of these changes include:
- Resolved issue where Norton Autofix appears after patch installation, showing that one item has been fixed
- Fixed a few UI issues for the uninstall pages
- Corrected an issue with Online Vault where customers who logged into Norton Account during install had their passwords automatically autofilled before they explicitly indicated via the Norton Toolbar that they wished to use the linked Online Vault
- Fixed issues where ccsvchst.exe does not properly shutdown
- Resolved a blue screen error that occured when both Norton and Nero products were installed
- Corrected an issue where customers saw programs being uninstalled when installing their Norton product
- Fixed an issue where AutoProtect, Sonar, & AntiSpyware getting turned off, and Fix Now was unable to resolve it
- Resolved a subscription issue where ‘License Expired’ is shown, despite having remaining subscription time
- Corrected problems where 2 AntiSpam listings appeared in Task Manager, and AntiSpam consumes almost 100% CPU
- Fixed issues logging into Norton Account to access Online Storage.
- Fixed issues AP, Sonar, & AntiSpyware getting turned off and Fix Now unable to resolve it.
- Corrected Norton Safe Web spelling mistake "Satistics".
- Fixed an issue where header rows in lists (eg. Security History, Program Control) would move when scrolling through list.
- Corrected some instances were ccSvcHst.exe may crash or hang under Windows XP.
- Re-added missing Calendar in the Custom Scan and Backup Scheduling User Interfaces.
- Corrected an issue where you would have to sign-in to your Norton Account multiple times to configure Online Backup.
- Corrected display issue with Security Status Tile on Mail User Interface.
- Fixed an instance where multiple Download Insight notifications would display constantly.
- Installation now displays proper Incompatibility Alert when attempting to install on Windows Vista SP0 (Service Pack 1 and above required).
- Corrected a compatibility issue with CCLeaner's Registry Scan.
- Corrected an issue that caused a delay in loading the Norton Tray Icon.
- General enhancements around Windows 8 compatibility.
- Overall Product Performance Improvements.
- Performance enhancements for Norton Identity Safe.
- Enhanced Rebootless Patching feature (Rebootless Patching not supported on Windows XP or Vista)
… and many more!
If you have any questions, feel free to let us know on the forums!