Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
tonyagl

Qone8

I have been attacked by the Qone8 viris. Ran Norton scan, removed what was identified but problem remains. Ran one paid malware programme, two free ones AND Norton Power Eraser. Nothing, but NOTHING has worked. Please help

Regular Contributor
intesec

Re: Qone8

Hi tonyagl

Check out this thread click here.  As Norton found something if what it found was related to Qone8 try a Norton full scan in safe mode (see help and support from the start menu).

Safe mode with networking allows an internet connection so physically disconnect the internet, disable the wifi before booting into safe mode with networking as Norton appears to be disabled in safe mode only allowing a full scan.  Then restart the computer.

ATB

intesec

Visitor
tonyagl

Thanks m8, tried that but Norton responded 'No threats found' it is STILL it is there!

Visitor
tonyagl

Ps. Installed a paid anti-malware programme Malwarebytes and TWO free ones, all report tracking cookies, NONE have removed it. I have even tried to uninstall IE but rolls back to a prevuious version (still infected) Currently using Chrome which seems unaffected) but I'm still worried that turd of a virus is STILL there!

Regular Contributor
intesec

Hi tonyagl

On the previous post I posted there is, click here, that takes you to a thread that have some software suggested if this doesn’t deal withQone8 then there are links to malware removal sites that are free on that thread.

ATB

intesec

Visitor
tonyagl

Thanks so much for your help. I eventually had to pay yet again for another product; Spyhunter4 http://www.enigmasoftware.com/products/spyhunter/) which did the trick. A bit costly though so don't think I'll be renewing the £35 six monthly subscription

Once again, thanks :smileyhappy:

peterweb
Kudos: 1,461
Solutions: 365

tonyagl wrote:

Thanks so much for your help. I eventually had to pay yet again for another product; Spyhunter4 http://www.enigmasoftware.com/products/spyhunter/) which did the trick. A bit costly though so don't think I'll be renewing the £35 six monthly subscription

Once again, thanks :smileyhappy:

Sorry you ended up paying for another malware removal program. But if you had followed the links intesec gave you, you would have seen links to FREE malware removal sites that would have been able to fix this for you.

The unfortunate truth about malware is that no single security software product can protect you from 100% of malware 100% of the time. That is why we suggest secondary on demand scans with FREE versions of other scanners.

BTW, Using the PRO version of Malwarebytes is not recommeded if you have the real time scanning enabled. This could actually have allowed the infection to slip into your computer as MBAM and Norton were deciding who would deal with the infection.

Things happen. Export/Backup your Identity Safe data.