Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
ferndog039

RUN QUICK SCAN GET ERROR CODE 3040,40007

I INSTALLED NORTON ANTIVIRUS 2009 FOR WINDOWS VISTA. WHEN I TRIED TO RUN A QUICK SCAN, I GET ERROR CODE 3040,40007. I HAVE HAD MANY PROBLEMS SINCE I INSTALLED 2 (TWO) WEEKS AGO. BUT NOW THIS IS THE CURRENT PROBLEM. ARE THERE ANY QUICK FIX OR SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM? 
Spam Squasher
pexley

Re: RUN QUICK SCAN GET ERROR CODE 3040,40007

I have not been able to find anything specific about this error code via google. Have you tried using one click support when this error code appears? Do you have any other security programs running on your vista pc?

If for whatever reason one click support does not work, click here to go to the norton online product support page and click on error messages. Assuming cookies are set to no higher than medium high norton should have no problem detecting that you have NAV 2009 installed and it will walk you through the process of finding out what the error code means and identifying a fix.

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

Try turning off Microsoft Office Automatic scan in the computer pane of the main screen, and reboot in case it is related to a similar issue.

There is some kind of a conflict happening or you would not be having problems.

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Super Spam Squasher
mo

What did you use before installing NAV2009 as some times there maybe leftovers from the other security product that you had before.And what Firewall are you running with NAV2009? As Delph said there sounds like a conflict somewhere.....we just have to find that somewhere :smileywink:
Cheers Mo
XP home,SP3
NIS2012
Regular Visitor
rkdeelip

It can happen when there is a Norton Internet Security service  also running with Norton Antivirus service .To confirm that go to the Run window and type services.msc and check .If it is there run the Norton removal tool from www.symantec.com/nrt  then delete  the Norton Internet Security folder from Program Files and then reinstall the Norton Antivirus 2009  from www.norton.com/nav09.