Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
kfmd2002

Receiving "Winrscmde- High CPU Usage Performance Alert", what do I do?

I have been seeing this message "Winrscmde- High CPU Usage Performance Alert" from Norton Internet Security 2012 for months now.  And my PC doesn't return to regular Windows after putting it to sleep (not sure if it is related or some hard drive problem).  First, I asked my husband for help but he insisted there was nothing wrong, so I had to take the matter on my own.  After I did some research online, I am suspecting that my PC is infected.  I saw there are some similar postings here, so I am hoping someone can really help me.  I have a Dell Inspiron 560 that was purchased 2 years ago and it is 64 bit.  I thank you in advance for help as my life really depends on using a safe computer.  

I downloaded the frst64.exe file as it was recommended on other posting, and I am attaching FRST.txt.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Re: Receiving "Winrscmde- High CPU Usage Performance Alert", what do I do?

Go to this forum http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

And use someone like myself who knows what is going on and trained in tools to deal with this, If done wrong Windows may not startup.

Good Luck

Quads

Visitor
kfmd2002

Can you at least tell me what virus/malware on my PC?  I am short on time as well.  Someone suggested that I clean all the hard drives and re-install everything, please tell me if that will work in getting rid of the virus.  

Thanks

F4E

As Quads said, go to the site he suggested. Malware removal advice is not being given here, at the moment.

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NIS V 21.4.0.13
Bot Obliterator
Quads

People like myself on the exact board I posted above can remove it for you just follow the instructions exactly, do what is asked, do not do what is NOT asked.

It is looks like the x64 variant of Pihar so involves the BCD and its own file system etc.

Quads

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You can tell them this needs to be fixed

ATTENTION: ========> Check for possible partition/boot infection:
C:\Windows\svchost.exe

TDL4: custom:26000022 <===== ATTENTION!

9 Drive k: (RECOVERY) (Fixed) (Total:12.03 GB) (Free:5.38 GB) NTFS ==>[System with boot components (obtained from reading drive)]

ATTENTION: Malware custom entry on BCD on drive k: detected. Check for MBR/Partition infection.

From Norton Forums FRST log, malware not being removed here

Quads