Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Regular Contributor
Cnon

Renewal of three computers question

Hey All,

I have a renewal for NIS coming up in June.

I also have it installed on three computers.

Do I have to run the renewal process on on three computers after payment?

Please write back

Thanks,

Cnon

AllenM
Topics: 227
Kudos: 2,164
Solutions: 379

Re: Renewal of three computers question

Hi Cnon,

I'm not sure what you mean by "run the renewal process on three computers after payment".

All you need do is purchase the subscription renewal and click on Renew at the bottom of the NIS window. On the next page that comes up either click on I have a key or code to enter and enter the new KEY in the box provided and hit <Return> or you can renew through the program directly with Norton on that same page.

If you purchase a subscription elsewhere besides through the program then wait for a day or two before your current subscription expires before entering the new KEY. This is because your current days left does not carry over to the new subscription unless you renew through the program.

On the other two computers you should be able to sync them up by just going to Support > Subscription status, provided they are all registered using the same Norton Account (email address). At worst you might need to click on Renew on the other two computers and enter the new KEY in the box provided as you do with the first computer, but this should not be necessary.

By the way, what version of NIS do you have? You can find this in Support > About.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19
Regular Contributor
Cnon

AllenM wrote:

Hi Cnon,

I'm not sure what you mean by "run the renewal process on three computers after payment".

All you need do is purchase the subscription renewal and click on Renew at the bottom of the NIS window. On the next page that comes up either click on I have a key or code to enter and enter the new KEY in the box provided and hit <Return> or you can renew through the program directly with Norton on that same page.

If you purchase a subscription elsewhere besides through the program then wait for a day or two before your current subscription expires before entering the new KEY. This is because your current days left does not carry over to the new subscription unless you renew through the program.

On the other two computers you should be able to sync them up by just going to Support > Subscription status, provided they are all registered using the same Norton Account (email address). At worst you might need to click on Renew on the other two computers and enter the new KEY in the box provided as you do with the first computer, but this should not be necessary.

By the way, what version of NIS do you have? You can find this in Support > About.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

I haver version 19.5.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks,

Cnon

AllenM
Topics: 227
Kudos: 2,164
Solutions: 379

Hi Cnon,

You are most welcome. :smileyhappy:

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.5.0.19