Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
tancheeping
Accepted Solution

Scheduled Full System Scan.

Let say if I scheduled the "Full System Scan" under custom scan to run at weekly basic on every Sunday, 2:00 am.

Will this scan works if my laptop is turned off at that time?

Norton Fighter
Krusty13

Re: Scheduled Full System Scan.

[ Edited ]

No.

The scheduled scan will run next time you start your computer and let it reach an idle state.

And Norton will not wake your computer from sleep either.

W W W  =  Wild Wild West.    Be careful out there!

floplot
Topics: 215
Kudos: 2,051
Solutions: 365

Hello tancheeping

You cam set it under weekly scan and then put down the day and time and that would be a full scan in NIS 2014. If your computer is completely turned off, then I don't think the scan would run. or version 21 as it is now known.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

F4E

I just do it manually on a weekly basis, at a time that suits. Usually, when I'm having lunch.

Full scans aren't so important nowadays, given that the Quick Scan is run after a Live Update, on my computer.

Windows 7 64 Bit Sp1 NIS V 21.4.0.13
floplot
Topics: 215
Kudos: 2,051
Solutions: 365

Hello

I agree, but I guess I am just from the old school and used to having a weekly scan run and old body too. It's time for me to attempt to climb up those tough steps to get upstairs now.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

Super Spyware Scolder
Scoop8

tancheeping wrote:

Let say if I scheduled the "Full System Scan" under custom scan to run at weekly basic on every Sunday, 2:00 am.

Will this scan works if my laptop is turned off at that time?

Hi

I use Windows Task Scheduler to wake my PC's from Standby ("Sleep" mode) nightly to run unattended full scans.  I've been using it to run the Norton Full scans overnight for about a year with no issues encountered.

I always use the "Sleep" mode with my PC's so they can be awakened by Windows for various unattended tasks.

If interested in using Task Scheduler to wake PC's, there are several ways to do it.  Here's a forum link that may help:

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-360/Scheduled-scan-does-not-run-when-system-asleep/td-p/988007