Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Super Spyware Scolder
crisoco8722
Accepted Solution

Scheduled Live Updates not updating GUI

[ Edited ]

I have Automatic Live Updates turned off in Norton Internet Security 2012 and Live Updates now start to run at Windows log on via a scheduled task in Windows Task Scheduler. This all works fine but I notice that the GUI records are not being updated for tasks run from Windows.

The screenshot shows the latest History update via the scheduled task at 20:03:50 but the GUI interface is still showing the original Virus Definitions manual update at 16:11:21. The list had been refreshed and the GUI re-loaded.

Norton LiveUpdate History not Updated.png

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 • Windows 7 Home x32 • Norton Internet Security 2012 • Firefox 22 • NoScript • Opera 12 • Site Advisor • Minimem • Sandboxie • Malwarebytes Free • CCleaner • WinPatrol • TuneUp Utilities 2012 • UltraFileSearch.
Super Spyware Scolder
crisoco8722

Re: Scheduled Live Updates not updating GUI

First logon on Sunday 18th March 2012 at 9:26am GMT was successful and the GUI was updated. The history log corresponded with the time of the GUI log, so I don't know why there was a disparity yesterday. Perhaps it had something to do with the computer re-load in relation to when the Windows schedule was activated.

ASRock Z77 Extreme4 • Windows 7 Home x32 • Norton Internet Security 2012 • Firefox 22 • NoScript • Opera 12 • Site Advisor • Minimem • Sandboxie • Malwarebytes Free • CCleaner • WinPatrol • TuneUp Utilities 2012 • UltraFileSearch.
SUBASH_PRABU
Kudos: 257
Solutions: 90

Hi  

My answer will be: It is showing Virus Definition Updates i the Interface and Live Update session on the security history at different times. When you run a live update not all the time virus definitions gets downloaded, sometimes if no virus defs are available at that instance you can see the safeweb updates, activity map updates getting downloaded been done.

So i think the Live Update session that happened on 20:03:50 must have downloaded the updates other Virus defs. And on the GUI it is showing when the virus defs where updated recently.

Super Spyware Scolder
crisoco8722

SUBASH_PRABU wrote:

Hi  

My answer will be: It is showing Virus Definition Updates in the Interface and Live Update session on the security history at different times. When you run a live update not all the time virus definitions gets downloaded, sometimes if no virus defs are available at that instance you can see the safeweb updates, activity map updates getting downloaded been done.

So i think the Live Update session that happened on 20:03:50 must have downloaded the updates other than Virus defs. And on the GUI it is showing when the virus defs where updated recently.

Yes, I now see the difference. I keep forgetting about all the other updates that get downloaded and recorded in History which may not have included virus definition updates at that time. I will do a check next time it happens and look at the more detailed report of the update.

Thank you for your prompt response and explaining it.