Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
63gc

Searchnu.com/406

What is searchnu.com/406 & how do i get it off my computer.

Edjr60

Re: Searchnu.com/406

Hi 63gc,

I am not an expert on this, but you can read a thread here at the community about your problem.

http://community.norton.com/t5/Norton-Internet-Security-Norton/searchqu-com-406-removal/td-p/460968

Contributor
63gc

Thank you for your reply.

I have'nt a clue about computers meself. And thought Norton would take care of internet security matter's for me. Suppose im naive.

Am i correct in thinking at the end of all the replies on that post, that there is no solid answer ?

What does this actually do to your computer ? Is it someone trying to steal my details etc ?

Edjr60

[ Edited ]

Hi 63gc,

It's not that there is no solid answer, just the right people with the knowledge and experience can help much better. People like the Symantec employees and Guru's at the site.

If you were to start a new separate thread, make sure to reference your computer operating system, the Norton product you are using, it's version/build number, all browsers you use and any other security products that may be on your computer. Explain in full detail about this possible malware you may have and exactly what it is doing.

I hope this helps a little.

Edjr60

SearchnuSupport

Hi,

I'm a member of the Searchnu Support Team. I'm here to help :)

From the URL you provided it looks like Searchnu was installed on your PC when you
installed iLivid- a download manager which includes Searchnu as an option.

When the software was installed onto your pc it offered two basic installs, typical installation,
which lists the add-on features such as searchnu default search, and Custom installation,
which allows you to select the add-ons that you wish to install. There's no need to worry if you did the typical install - this isn't a virus,nor malware, and there's no need to Perform a virus scan against it.

Please visit iLivid's support section where you will find detailed instructions for uninstalling Searchnu
at :http://www.ilivid.com/faq.htm

If you followed the instructions and still can't find a solution to the issue,
please don't hesitate to let us know and we will walk you through it :)

Thank you,

The Searchnu support team

Contributor
63gc

Once again thankyou for the response.

A friend called & i asked him for help. He backed dated my computer by two days & it seems to have taken it away. To be honest i dont even know if id posted in the correct place. Id spent an hour wondering how to ask marian,but couldnt work it out.

I read the message below yours, but my computer blocked me from opening the link it offers.

Hopefully its sorted though. My son said he watched a footbal match & that is where it came from.

Thankyou very much.

hr99

Thank you for the information.

gbf
Visitor
gbf

I also have a problem with searchnu. I've uninstalled Ilivid as suggested but still have the searchnu telling me page not found. I've read on the internet that this is a form of virus. Why doesn't norton remove it when scanning? I've run the more "aggressive" Norton tool too with no effect.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Download OTL   hxxp://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe   (change the hxxp to http) save it to your Desktop.

Double click on OTL.exe to run it.  Right click OTL.exe and select run as administator for Vista and Win 7.

Click the Scan All Users checkbox.

Change file age to 90 days

Press the 

An OTL.txt and extras.txt will be created.

Quads

SearchnuSupport

Searchnu is isn't a virus, nor malware, and there's no need to Perform a virus scan against it.

Please visit iLivid's support section where you will find detailed instructions for uninstalling Searchnu
at:http://www.ilivid.com/faq.htm

Thanks in advance.