Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
DavidThomas88
Topics: 133
Kudos: 51
Solutions: 20

Re: ib.adnxs - Why doesn't Norton get rid of it?

lookRealty  your not going too get any help from any one if you are going too act like a  jeark  

the one at the most  can help you with virues removel was Quads but you turn him down and went off  on your own and did your own thing so now he wont help  you   yank posted some sites that could help you re move the virus  

so like i said  stop acting like a jeark  and start doing some in about the virus  you have yank posted some links that will help you get rid of it

you will get no help if you act like a jeark on here

panic601

I'm planning on getting a new computer next month. I will need to transport some of my folders to the new computer. Is there a chance the virus will be transferred to the new computer from one of my files or does it reside elsewhere?  

I think I picked up the virus when I downloaded Firefox. I have since deleted Firefox but the virus remains. Has anyone had ib.adnxs completely removed?

yank
Kudos: 2,283
Solutions: 516

[ Edited ]

LookRealty wrote:

I have Norton Anti-Virus. So why doesn't it get rid of ib.adnxs? Its infected my computer, slows it down, still puts pop ups all over my browser, still is placing ads on my facebook page. This is a virus because it is hidden in my computer not allowing me to control it.

I'll keep posting till I get a proper answer on how to get rid of it using Norton Anti-Virus. Why do I have this product if it doesn't take out the things infecting my computer?

See if this explains why Norton can not remove it and why you go **bleep** in the first place:

Why Antivirus Program Cannot Assist You?

To receive help, many people would use different kinds of antivirus programs (AVG, Norton, Mcafee, Avast, MSE, Spybox) to try to remove it but failed. Do you know why? The reason is that the virus can change its code daily or more often that no program can keep up to remove it. So, even though you have the top antivirus program installed, Ib.adnxs.com still gets through without your consent. After this evil virus gets in and has taken over your computer, you just won’t be able to download or run any security tool properly to get rid of the malware. In such circumstance, manual removal is required.

http://www.zimbio.com/Remove+Malware/articles/7nRKIZuVXFi/How+Remove+Ib+adnxs+com+Redirect+virus+Per...

Personally, I do not like the do it yourself guides for removal, so here's some info that may prove helpful - since now you know why an AV, no matter how good it is can not help you.

and I will repeat:

In view of Quads' comment - I would suggest you go to a Malware Removal Forum for assistance. Quads is our expert , has apparently passed on your situation and I feel you will get your best assistance through the following information that our old friend Delphinium supplied.

If you decide to try another forum, here are some places where a real malware expert can work with you one-on-one in real time to dig these things out. Some of our best folks here have checked them out to make sure that they are capable, and competent to deal with rootkits and other nasties. Most of them handle tricky Windows problems as well.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/
http://www.cybertechhelp.com/forums/
http://forums.whatthetech.com/
http://support.emsisoft.com/forum/6-help-my-pc-is-infected/

Good luck with the removal.

Bot Obliterator
Quads

panic601 wrote:

I'm planning on getting a new computer next month. I will need to transport some of my folders to the new computer. Is there a chance the virus will be transferred to the new computer from one of my files or does it reside elsewhere?  

I think I picked up the virus when I downloaded Firefox. I have since deleted Firefox but the virus remains. Has anyone had ib.adnxs completely removed?

There does not seem to be anything uniform by the logs I have looked though saying it is always ***** infection causing the symptom(s)

There are only 2 threads on this forum for this (so far)

Quads

Visitor
LookRealty

See? Norton does not want to help and explain what are the solutions to the issue. You buy an anti-virus software but they just figure that a few computers with viruses don't matter. They have left us minorities to suffer. Still no solution after I purchased Norton based on their stated program targets as able to get rid of viruses. Not! So then their dumb followers say, "So what you should do dude is go to another company to solve your problem." What these idiots don't realize is that these companies are in on it so if you download a free program you are stuck with them spying on you after they get rid of the current program. Its just a vicious cycle but the dumb nerds don't get it. Sorry nerds that are telling me to put MORE software on my computer. You fail and I don't see why you don't see that Norton SHOULD be working to solve the virus that is on my computer.

AGAIN? WHY DID I BUY NORTON IF THEY DON'T SOLVE VIRUS ISSUES?

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Dumb Followers, I don't think so, for starters  You talk about Viruses, what if it is not a virus??  at the moment the ones popping up at the moment are not viruses,  but PUP's, Rootkits, Bootkits, Trojans and FakeAV / Fake Police, they are not viruses,  

Secondly, the tools we use are advanced and not for use by users on their own and are used to log, look deep, etc. even if Windows does not startup (boot). Then allows, people like myself to script and tell the programs to do what I ask.

Bleeping Computer and other Malware removal sites similar are not stricyly companies, but instead  websites set up by other users for free to help PC users in many ways.

If you were told to go to McAfee,  Dr Web, ESET, etc forum sites then yes they are competing company sites, but only for their products.

From a (as you mis guided) dumb follower who has know idea what he is doing,  hey If I am dumb and you are not, you should be able to fix your own problem,  because I infect my system with malware (not just viruses) and can remove them and get non booting infected systems to startup.  So you should easily be able to.

Good Luck

Quads

Visitor
LookRealty

Thank you for your answer. It did not help though. I already knew of the manual method but the virus has changed itself and location so I can't find it. Still the problems persist which is why I'm upset.

Just ended up buying a new laptop instead. Wasn't trying to be difficult, I just wanted a straight answer and Norton did not provide it. I expect a virus such as this to be detected and deleted.

Still aprpeciate your trying Quad.

John

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You are not listening or taking anyones advice, if you are still infected,   See on page 1

I am not touching your system.

Good Luck

Quads