Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Visitor
shackk

Slingbox Conflicting with Norton

I have been using Norton products for about 2 years now and have never had any issue such as this.  Recently I installed Norton Internet Security (NIS) verson 17.7.0.12 and Norton Utilities version 14.5.0.118 and ever since I cannot connect to my Slingbox via Slingplayer, slingbox.com, or the slingbox application via my Android phone. 

It seems to be a permission issue however when I add my slingbox along with the ip address in Network - Settings - Network Settings - Smart Firewall - Trust Control in NIS the application still does not connect.  I have disabled NIS completely and still have the same issue

After searching I did see a post recommending removing the slingbox from my device manager but I do not have that option in my settings.

I am running Win XP Home SP3, if anyone has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated.  It should be noted that when installing the above programs over my exising Norton Anti Virius the old program was deleted and computer was restarted.  This was mandated by NIS and I followed the process as instructed.

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

Re: Slingbox Conflicting with Norton

Wht year version was te older Norton program?

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Visitor
shackk

2010 Norton Anti Virius, last years version.

REhero

I have the same problem! However, i never had an older version of Norton.  I tried turning off Norton and my windows firewall altogether and it still won't connect.  HELP! I'm having slingbox withdrawals, especially since Football season is starting!

Were you able to figure it out????

Super Keylogger Crusher
mythbuster

Interesting...

I see most of them have updated the product to the latest 2011. Can you check if the problem persists with the latest version. I have not updated the product yet and hence the request.

-MbR

"Mythbuster is now a SUPER keylogger crusher" - MbR
Visitor
shackk

My solution was uninstalling NIS and keeping Utilities...solved my problem immediately.  I know use AVG in combination with Utilities and a couple of other programs.  No one has been able to solve the issue I was having, even a long 3 hour call into support.

floplot
Topics: 218
Kudos: 2,055
Solutions: 367

Hello

You can try this solution given in this article. It's giving instructions for N360, but I think it should work also for NIS since it appears to be a firewall issue.

http://www.justanswer.com/questions/3gfz5-my-computer-doesnt-recognize-my-new-slingbox-solo-its-prob...

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.