Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
LX3
Contributor
LX3

SmartScreen Filter Problem or Service down ?

Hello,

Before i go changing settings in  NIS 2011  or I.E 8 or roll back my system ,  can anyone confirm if the Microsoft SmartScreen filter  online service is temporarily down  , mine has not worked for two days.  Thanks . 

floplot
Topics: 209
Kudos: 2,014
Solutions: 361

Re: SmartScreen Filter Problem or Service down ?

Hello LX3

I just noticed the little symbol on the bottom that told me that the Microsoft  Smart Screen filter was unavailable. I just noticed it now, but don't know how long it has been that way. I am also using NIS 2011 and IE 8. Some do say however, that the screen could interfere with Norton also.  Thanks.

Success always occurs in private and failure in full view.

LX3
Contributor
LX3

Hi floplot,

hope you are keeping well.  Thank you for the confirmation .  I first noticed it wasnt working yesterday morning.  

Contributor
gablegal

Smartscreen Filter hasn't worked for me either, and it's been about two days. I was just about to make a post about it when I found yours! I also have NIS 2011 and IE 8...and I was wondering if maybe the problem was because we haven't upgraded to IE 9 yet. :smileyindifferent:

LX3
Contributor
LX3

gablegal wrote:

Smartscreen Filter hasn't worked for me either, and it's been about two days. I was just about to make a post about it when I found yours! I also have NIS 2011 and IE 8...and I was wondering if maybe the problem was because we haven't upgraded to IE 9 yet. :smileyindifferent:

Try it again, mine has been working ok for the last 5 hours or so in the UK. :smileywink:

Contributor
gablegal

:smileysurprised: Not yet here! I'm in the U.S. Now, I'm really starting to worry.

mtmist

Contributor
gablegal

mtmist--I can't see what you wrote! If you're using Internet Explorer 9, I think you have to have this forum in "Compatibility Mode." They're still having problems with IE 9 and this forum.

LX3
Contributor
LX3

gablegal wrote:

:smileysurprised: Not yet here! I'm in the U.S. Now, I'm really starting to worry.

It'll be up and running soon i'm sure,  no need to worry as its not your pc causing it, just their server.  :smileyhappy: