Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
09matrix

Subcription transfer

How do I tansfer my subscription for Norton Internet Security 2008 to a new computer that I am going to purchase?
Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: Subcription transfer

When you install it on the new computer you should log in to the Norton Account that you created when you first installed NIS 2008 and use the Activation Key you have registered there.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Contributor
TEEZR

Maybe I'm seeing this wrong, but how does Symantec know that it is a "legitimate" 2nd install (if licence is only for 1 PC) ?

Will the 1stPC never again receive updates? I'm not trying to circumvent any legimate business protection, I'm just trying to understand how the rules apply and how they are correctly applied by the user and enforced by Symantec.

huwyngr
Topics: 1,034
Kudos: 2,822
Solutions: 376

I'm sure there is a procedure to cancel on one and install on another but I don't know what it is -- but I know a man who does know <s>

Hang on for the cavalry .....

Hugh
Tony_Weiss
Topics: 574
Kudos: 2,047
Solutions: 321

If you uninstall the product on the computer, then you can install the product on the new one and the subscription will apply to the new system. If there are any problems with this transfer, please contact our Customer Support team to get this resolved quickly:

http://www.symantec.com/norton/support/selectproduct_ts.jsp

Thanks!

Tony Weiss
Norton Forums Global Community Manager
Symantec Corporation