Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Spyware Scolder
EDYTHE
Accepted Solution

Subscription Renewal Price ?

Hello!

I will need to do a 'renew' in about 2 months, give/take .... will the renewal 'cost' be the same price as offered as a 'new customer' on Norton's website ?   

Not to be cheap, in my retail-area there are always great values on security-suites and while i'd like to stay with Norton ISS (2010) i want to take advantage of a 'good deal' also .... thanks in advance for any ideas/replys  Edythe

AllenM
Topics: 226
Kudos: 2,153
Solutions: 379

Re: Subscription Renewal Price ?

[ Edited ]

Hi EDYTHE,

The subscription renewal price it typically $59.99 for an additional year when you renew through Express Renwal. However the price can be somewhat different depending on certain factors.

The retial price on Symantec's online store is $69.99 for on year so the express renewal is about $10 lower.

Please see: http://www.symantec.com/norton/internet-security

You can also many times find better deals through other online retailers or in local stores. If you can find a better deal then go with that one. Just be sure that if you have and need a 3 PC license, you are actually getting a version for 3 PC's.

Also when you purchase a subscription renewal through another vendor, there will be a different product key so it is best to wait until the last few days before your current subscription expires before renewing and entering your new product key as your subscription period will be reset and not added on to your current subcription.

If you purhcase from another vendor you still click on Express Renewal from the main NIS window and then on the next screen will be a space to enter the new product key.

If you want to renew directly with Symantec then you click on Express Renewal and then Express Renewal again on the next screen. Also if you do it this way you can renew any time and the new sbuscription will automatically be added on to whatever days you have left on your current subscription.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Test laptop with W7 Home Premium 64 bit * NIS Vers. 21.3.0.12
Visitor
Disgruntled1

The online US price for subscription renewal/upgrade is $39.99. the "Nag box" price is substantially higher.

This is the standard opportunistic price gouging that Norton uses with it's supposedly valued customers.

This behaviour should be against the law!

delphinium
Kudos: 2,965
Solutions: 293

I can only see Norton Antivirus for $39.99.  NIS  is, as AllenM mentioned, $59.99.  What is the nag price showing on your subscription?

Under certain circumstances profanity provides relief denied even to prayer.
Mark Twain
Spyware Scolder
EDYTHE

thanks to all who have replied

while i'm comfortable with NISS 2010 and i'm sure it's a great product i'm going with ''price' (locally -'box-store') and get whatever product is on sale - sometimes with rebates a product is almost 'free' ....If i can't get NISS then so be it....also saw in a later post on the first page Norton is offering renewal at $49. (not $59) depending if you click the right  link!  

I don't need a 3-key option anyway... and i do know to download the 'removal tool' to use for uninstalling NISS and making sure all is properly deleted.   

Of course i'll try to buy NISS locally - would be first choice - even if 'not' free - but at $50. for a renewal at Norton's site i'll shop first  locally ... if i can't 'do' better than that i'll have no choice -- if other products are similar-price i'll stay with Norton ...thanks so much

Spyware Scolder
EDYTHE

PS FROM EDYTHE"

forgot to ask .... even if i buy the NISS 2011 from local store (with rebate =$39.99) would i have to do a total uninstall of my current NISS (2010) AND use the Norton Removal Tool)   or would NISS 'recognize' it's own product and 'overwrite' ?  i realize i'll have a new key # to register......thanks in advance ...... 

Contributor
Spad

It will recognize its own product and overwrite it after saving your settings and norton passwords

AllenM

HI EDYTHE,

Thanks for the update. You do not need to uninstall your current NIS and you also do not need to install the new NS that you purchase, but rather just use the product key from your purchase and click on Express Renewal from the main NIS window. On the next screen you will see where the new product key can be entered.

Please see my earlier post regarding this.

Also, you mentioned NIS 2011 but 2011 is still in BETA at the moment. However once NIS 2011 is released you will be able to upgrade to it at no charge, provided your subscription is current.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes.

Allen

Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1, 64 bit, 32 GB * NIS Vers. 21.4.0.13 * Ghost 15 * IE 9, Firefox, Safari.
Visitor
socengin

Don't renew through the "express renewal" link in NIS. Navigate to the renewal page from Symantec.com > store > upgrades&renewals. The price there is 49.99, but if you click express renewal it is 59.99 (both for the same 1-year subscription).
AllenM

socengin wrote:
Don't renew through the "express renewal" link in NIS. Navigate to the renewal page from Symantec.com > store > upgrades&renewals. The price there is 49.99, but if you click express renewal it is 59.99 (both for the same 1-year subscription).

HI socengin,

EDYTHE is talking about purchasing NIS from another vendor such as a store. There are two options with Express Renewal:

1. One is to renew with Symantec and pay the subscription renewal fee.

2. Put in a NEW product key (when already purchased elsewhere). This one does NOT get charged.

So Express Renewal is fine.

Best wishes.

Allen