Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
desowea

Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface problem

When using Mozilla Firefox the following entries occur repeatedly:

3/14/2010 11:04,Info,"IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and is no longer being protected (IP address: fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections

3/14/2010 11:03,Info,"Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter \"Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface\" (IP address: fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections

3/14/2010 10:56,Info,"IP address has disappeared from adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface and is no longer being protected (IP address: fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections

3/14/2010 10:55,Info,"Protecting your connection to a newly detected network on adapter \"Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface\" (IP address: fe80::ffff:ffff:fffd%6).",Detected,No Action Required,Firewall - Network and Connections

How can I correct this?

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Re: Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface problem

Hi desowea

This message is in regard to IPV6 so, unless you are using IPV6 (unlikely) then you can ignore these messages.

Have a look at the following link for info

http://www.sharkyforums.com/showthread.php?t=299469

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Contributor
desowea

I checked and noticed that IPV6 was installed - I don't know when and why this happened.  I uninstalled it since I don't know why it was there and the reoccurring log (and activity) ceased.  Thanks for the hint.

Norton Fighter
mdturner

Happy to have been able to point you in the right direction and that this is no longer an issue causing you concern.

We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace. ~William Ewart Gladstone

Yaso_Kuuhl
Kudos: 1,436
Solutions: 528

Hi desowea,

If you consider your question answered to your satisfaction, please mark this thread solved by clicking on the grey "Accept as Solution" button of the post which solved your issue, that way other viewers know that your question has been answered and can see the solution directly. Thanks :-)