Not what you were looking for? Ask our experts!
Contributor
Sinatur
Accepted Solution

Trojan.gen 2 80000000.@ removal help

Hi there i hope someone can help with removal of this. Symantec endpoint discovered this virus/trojan and it cant delete it and and keeps giving me this messege every 5min

Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan

Event: Risk Found!

Security risk detected: Trojan.Gen.2

File: C:\Windows\Installer\{4835385a-b096-9719-2ea1-2fbcaaa3cc2e}\U\80000000.@

Location: C:\Windows\Installer\{4835385a-b096-9719-2ea1-2fbcaaa3cc2e}\U

Computer: AAYO-HP

User: SYSTEM

Action taken: Pending Side Effects Analysis : Access denied

Date found: 6. juni 2012 14:43:06

Hope someone can help i have been looking for an answer for hours. But none the wiser.

Symantec Employee
Thomas_K

Re: Trojan.gen 2 80000000.@ removal help

[ Edited ]

Hello,

May I ask what version of Symantec Endpoint Protection you have installed? There was an issue like this that is addressed in RU7 MP2. If you are running an older version, I recommend upgrading at your earlist convenience.

http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH102953&locale=en_US

SEP 11 Release Notes - http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH103087&key=54619

In the future, it would be best to post SEP product issues in the Connect forums, as this is a consumer product (Norton) forum.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/security/forums/endpoint-protection-antivirus

Bot Obliterator
Quads

We are talking about Zeroaccess Rootkit here.

I will get to you in the line of other, don't touch the PC with trying to remove it from now on.

Quads

Contributor
Sinatur

Ok waiting for your reply

Bot Obliterator
Quads

Please do not run any tools unless instructed to do so. 

• We ask you to run different tools in a specific order to ensure the malware is completely removed from your machine, and running any additional tools may detect false positives, interfere with our tools, or cause unforeseen damage or system instability.

Please read every post completely before doing anything. 

• Pay special attention to the NOTE: lines, these entries identify an individual issue or important step in the cleanup process.

• Logs from malware removal programs (OTL is one of them) can take some time to analyze. I need you to be patient while I analyze any logs you post. Please remember, I am a volunteer, and I do have a life outside of these forum, (sometimes :smileylol:)

• Attention to detail is important! Since I cannot see or directly interact with your computer I am dependent on you to "be my eyes" and provide as much information as you can regarding the current state of your computer.

Download OTL   hxxp://oldtimer.geekstogo.com/OTL.exe   (change the hxxp to http) save it to your Desktop.

Double click on OTL.exe to run it.  Right click OTL.exe and select run as administator for Vista and Win 7.

Disable Norton for say 30 minutes

Start OTL,  

Click the Scan All Users checkbox.

Change file age to 60 days

under  Copy and paste what is below between the lines

msconfig
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
C:\Program Files\Common Files\ComObjects\*.* /s
%systemroot%\*. /mp /s
%systemroot%\*. /rp /s
%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles
%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav
%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
volsnap.sys
atapi.sys
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe

mswsock.dll
wininit.exe
services.exe

svchost.exe
tdx.sys
afd.sys
cdrom.sys
i8042prt.sys
netbt.sys
redbook.sys

mrxsmb.sys

/md5stop

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{64135f0b-49a7-7b9c-302c-e16326399828} /s
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{64135f0b-49a7-7b9c-302c-e16326399828} /s
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs

Press the 

An OTL.txt will be created.

Quads

Contributor
Sinatur

Hi again Quads i reply a little late because of our timezones im in EU. Thanks again for your help. I uninstalled Search and destroy and disabled Norton/Symantec. And ran OTL as instructed. Here is the file thanks in advance

Contributor
Sinatur

Hmm the above file looks funny try this one

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You also have the services.exe variant of zeroaccess

Firstly we have take the first layer, the CLSID

Disable Norton for say 30 minutes

Start OTL,   under   Copy and paste the custom script attached which you open in for instance Notepad,(include the : at the start of :OTL and all the way to the end / bottom)  and run the script. (Red Run Fix Button)

The output log, should be placed in the C:\ _OTL folder after.

Quads

Contributor
Sinatur

Hi again did as instructed here is the outputfile

Bot Obliterator
Quads

You may find Symantec us now detecting the files in a different or now different files now that layer is broken, That is Ok

Please read carefully Read all of this message first

Download Combofix http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/anti-virus/combofix

• Ensure that Combofix is saved directly to the Desktop <--- Very important

• Disable all security programs as they will have a negative effect on Combofix, Disabled for say 1 hour.
  • Close any open browsers and any other programs you might have running

Doiwnload the attached CFscript.txt, , For some browsers Right Click the attachment on the forum and select "Save AS" or similar to Download it. See screenshot below.

Right Click download.jpg

Now  drag the CFScript.txt into the ComboFix.exe  

• If you are using windows XP It might display a pop up saying that "Recovery console is not installed, do you want to install?" Please select yes & let it download the files it needs to do this. Once the recovery console is installed Combofix will then offer to scan for malware. Select continue or yes.
  • When finished, it will produce a report for you. Please post the "C:\ComboFix.txt" for further review

****Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stall or freeze ****

Note: ComboFix may reset a number of Internet Explorer's settings, including making it the default browser.
Note: Combofix prevents autorun of ALL CDs, floppies and USB devices to assist with malware removal & increase security.

*EXTRA NOTES*

• If Combofix detects any Rootkit/Bootkit activity on your system it will give a warning and prompt for a reboot, you must allow it to do so.
  • If Combofix reboot's due to a rootkit, the screen may stay black for several minutes on reboot, this is normal
  • If after running Combofix you receive any type of warning message about registry key's being listed for deletion when trying to open certain items, reboot the system and this will fix the issue (Those items will not be deleted)

Quads