01-12-2009 11:06 AM - edited 01-12-2009 11:08 AM
01-12-2009 11:16 AM
Try the following steps to modify a firewall rule for a Web-enabled program
1. Start Norton Internet Security 2006.
2. Click Personal Firewall.
3. Click Configure.
4. On the Programs tab, in the "Settings for" drop-down list, select the Network Location that contains the program rule that you want to modify. By default, the current Network Location is selected.
5. In the Manual Program Control list, select the program rule that you want to modify. Here, it is Turbotax. If you don't have Turbotax listed there, you may add the executable for Turbotax and then configure it's Internet access.
6. In the Internet Access column, in the drop-down list, click Permit.
7. Select the firewall rule that you want to modify, and then click Modify.
8. On the Action tab, select the action that the rule should take.
9. On the Connections tab, select the type of connection that the rule should monitor.
10. On the Computers tab, select the computers that the rule should monitor.
11. On the Communications tab, do both of the following:
Select the protocols that the rule should monitor.
Select the ports that the rule should monitor.
12. On the Tracking tab, select whether the rule should be tracked and how you want it to be tracked.
13. On the Description tab, in the "What do you want to call this rule?" box, type a name for this rule. If the category list box appears, select a category.
14. On the Locations tab, select the locations that should use these settings.
15. Click OK.