08-27-2009 04:33 AM - last edited on 08-27-2009 05:16 AM by TomV
Hi, My site is www.gcomeurope.com it is quite a simple site but I do want a Green rating from Websafe.
I have added the file and code received via e-mail from Norton to my Index page using Macromedia to make a new page and uploaded it using WS-FTP Pro.
When I click on the link http://gcomeurope.com/nortonsw_5abffb90-73cb-0.htm
<<Edit: Subject edited for clarity>>
08-27-2009 05:27 AM
I have found it easier to use the verification process directly from within the Norton Safe Web page rather than from the email instructions. This method will also create a properly formatted HTML Authentication File without the need to manually craft one. Allow me to review this procedure even if you have already performed some of these steps.
1) The preferred location for the nortonsw file is in the Root Directory as opposed to the index page.
2) Log back into Norton Safe Web > My Profile > Site Dispute and you should see the name of your website and three options listed under Action.
3) Click on "get authentication file”. You will be presented with a new window indicating a file download. "Save" the HTML file to a convenient location on your computer.
4) Using your site building program, upload / copy the saved HTML Document to your Root Directory.
* The Root Directory is the uppermost level of your site where your web pages are located.
Different hosting companies and site building programs will vary, but here is a Dreamweaver layout of a small website, showing the nortonsw file in the Root Directory.
(Please note the nortonsw file is not within a sub-folder)
5) To confirm that you have correctly uploaded the file, go back to Norton Safe Web > My Profile > Site Dispute and click on the option "verify site ownership". A reminder message will pop up asking you to confirm that you have placed the "authentication file" in your Root Folder. Click OK.
If you have correctly placed your file you will see a confirmation message.
You should then see "ownership verified".
If you still get an error message, please let us know. A member of the Safe Web Team will give you specific instructions.
Norton 360 • Norton Internet Security • Norton Zone | XP SP3 • Windows 7 Professional SP1 x64
• PLEASE, BACKUP or EXPORT your Identity Safe Data on a regular basis •
08-31-2009 10:07 AM
I want to join this message list , I have similar issue I have verfied my site www.indiansandstones.com atleast 2 weeks ago but it is still not reviewed on safe web.
Please support my request.
Thanks in advance
10-12-2009 12:55 PM
Moved to own thread for better exposure.